New install, very little sub movement

Participant count
  • Participant list

CamaroZ28c

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, hoping someone here can help a novice out. I recently sold my old Accord so I took the head unit, amp and sub out to move into my current car, a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L. I didn't want to mess with the stock appearance, or risk losing the functionality of the stock head unit (steering wheel controls, bluetooth, rear DVD unit, etc) so I decided not install the Pioneer head unit and only the amp and sub. I ran the power, remote, RCAs and ground and got all that hooked up. To get the line out, I bought a harness that had the remote and a cheap 2 channel LOC from eBay. Picture of the LOC attached.

Problem I'm having is that the amp turns on and the sub moves a bit, but there is pretty much zero sound coming from it. Do you think it is the LOC? On a previous system 20 years ago, I had a single channel and wondered if that were the problem (I really don't know the difference between a single and two channel LOC). I've checked the fuses, ran a different RCA cable and turned up the gain on the LOC and the amp with little difference. If it makes any difference, my amp is a Pioneer Premier GM-7150 and the sub is a Boston G5 12" in a sealed box.

Thank you for any help!!

Thank you for any help!!
Disconnect one of the rcas, it may be a polarity issue. If it works and the cone first moves outward with every bass note, the polarity on that rca is ok. Just swap wires on the disconnected rca.
If no change, make sure your fade is set properly. Also, if the car has factory components, you may have spliced off of a tweeter wire.
In regards to the loc being the problem, it may be so. In my experience, I have never had that issue. All the cheap locs I have used have worked as designed, but it may be a hit and miss amongst brands. Good luck and keep us posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.