New install in 2019 impala, where to start

Participant count
  • Participant list

Caraudiouser

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for better sound in stock 2019 impala just bought from rental agency. The stock speakers are suprisingly not bad after eqing them. But cant compare to having a decent system.
Im thinking of doing a whole audio system upgrade, nothing crazy. Just new head unit, 5 channel amp, 1 sub, component speakers in front, rear door speakers, and lots of dynamat so it doesnt rattle.

had a 5ch system in my last car and it was great. But Over time my last car developed headliner rattle from constant bass. Had a lot of dynamat on the doors and some in the trunk, but rattle pops up anywhere. Dont want that in this car. Want to do it right.

should i do a whole system upgrade or just add a sub and amp. Is there a way to keep head unit stock and just upgrade the speakers and add a sub? Or should i just upgrade the speakers? Or do it all?

my budget for gear is maybe 1-2k nothing crazy. 1k max for install dont want to go crazy just something nice and simple and reliable. I mainly play hip hop (trap music) so i need good bass but i also want good sq.

What are some good brands? I really like jl audio subs and infinity kappa speakers. But i know there are new brands like skar audio, subdown audio that are popular on these kind of forums. Is it worth going with a more mainstream brand or not?

i saw a really nice 5 channel amp im thinking of building system around, but its pricey. Its called the audicontrol lc1300. Im sure its good but is it worth buying over something a little cheaper? How is skar audios amps? What do you guys think?

2019 impala what should i do

You could keep your factory radio and just run some sort of processor that makes RCA outputs from your factory head unit, if it has all the functions you want. Then you could add whatever you want off the processor and tune it, if you get one with tuning options. You could replace all door speakers and run them off radio and do amp and sub. I would leave the rear door speakers factory, put high powered components in the front off a 2 channel, then do a sub and sub amp. Doing a processor may be cheaper and easier than doing a new radio, these new cars are nuts.

Door speakers- being able to tune door speakers is more important than the actual door speakers themselves. I would get a reputable door speaker brand that matches your loudness level plus budget. I think doing just an amplified front stage is such a more cost effective way of actually getting good loud sound to your ears. Why waste time on the rear speakers when they're behind you?

Subs and amp- I'd just get what you want based around budget and sound. You need to figure how much space you want to give up for a sub box, that may determine what sub amp you go with, definitely what sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.