New Here: Getting back into car audio after 20 years.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Hailrazer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Boquete, Panama. I started installing, building and fabricating car audio at 14 years old in Alabama. I was really into it. I built 4th order bandpass boxes, bass tubes, plexi boxes, everything for everyone in town. IAt one time I had 6 - 12" Lanzar subs in my Rodeo.

Well kids happened and I slowed down with car audio and I got into other things. If interested you can visit my website https:www.hailrazer.com

Fast forward to this year. I'm living in Panama and went into a car audio shop and was impressed with how small and cheap the amps have gotten and how large the competition subs have gotten. Decided to hop back in. So I started small with Audiopipe subs and a Soundstream amp and have been upgrading every few weeks. I have posted a few videos.

Right now I have 2 - Neo Dynamic Skandal 1500watt Rms 12" subs with a Soundstream BXA1-7500d putting around 750 watts into each sub. I hit around 143db. That's with a stock head unit, stock mids, and stock electrical.
Video here:

I am going to be using a DS18 GFX-5K1 and 4 - 12" 1500 watt Skandal subs. a Kicker 150x4 amp and Rockford mids and highs. I have a 390amp alternator and 2 Lithium bank batteries headed my way for the electrical system.

The Neo Dynamic line is made here and Panama so I don't think you guys can get them in the USA but I've been impressed with them. I have a video of a guy here hitting 149db with 2 of the 3000 watt Skandal 12" and a Banda Viking 80001 amp. And that was with a stock alternator and only 1 extra battery. :

Nice to be part of this forum :)

Welcome back, I just joined the forum today as well. Been in car audio for 30 years this year! Will update my bio hopefully later today.
I have an Instagram, it’s also under the same name EatSleepBassRepeat. Hoping to network with people more on a in-depth technical level here on the forum. Who out there remembers the original Phoenix Gold Forum? It was one on the first, I was prolific on that one. Talk to everyone soon! Until then, EatSleepBassRepeat!
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Boquete, Panama. I started installing, building and fabricating car audio at 14 years old in Alabama. I was really into it. I built 4th order bandpass boxes, bass tubes, plexi boxes, everything for everyone in town. IAt one time I had 6 - 12" Lanzar subs in my Rodeo.

Well kids happened and I slowed down with car audio and I got into other things. If interested you can visit my website https:www.hailrazer.com

Fast forward to this year. I'm living in Panama and went into a car audio shop and was impressed with how small and cheap the amps have gotten and how large the competition subs have gotten. Decided to hop back in. So I started small with Audiopipe subs and a Soundstream amp and have been upgrading every few weeks. I have posted a few videos.

Right now I have 2 - Neo Dynamic Skandal 1500watt Rms 12" subs with a Soundstream BXA1-7500d putting around 750 watts into each sub. I hit around 143db. That's with a stock head unit, stock mids, and stock electrical.
Video here:

I am going to be using a DS18 GFX-5K1 and 4 - 12" 1500 watt Skandal subs. a Kicker 150x4 amp and Rockford mids and highs. I have a 390amp alternator and 2 Lithium bank batteries headed my way for the electrical system.

The Neo Dynamic line is made here and Panama so I don't think you guys can get them in the USA but I've been impressed with them. I have a video of a guy here hitting 149db with 2 of the 3000 watt Skandal 12" and a Banda Viking 80001 amp. And that was with a stock alternator and only 1 extra battery. :

Welcome back into this great Hobby. I myself have been into Car audio as a hobbiest for years and remember R.Sack as well.I ran theyre 80 watt amps and some of theyre subs. also. For that vehicle I would recommend you get THE BIG 3 done and as for the Enclosure for that vehicle(SUV you have there) Subs Up Port Up, and you may look into some roof support techniques for the power you are placing on the subs. Sound deadening when installing the door speakers and even solid plastic door baffles (Less than $20 bucks for a pair on Ebay usually) will make a huge difference for sound and eliminate the majority of road noise on the budget side of things that can help improve sound quality a bit more.

Video here:

🙏 welcome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...