New amp and subs just in

Scorpion
10+ year member

HOLY CRAPOLA, just got my amp and subs in from Ebay.

Lanzar Vibe 248 and 2 2003 Kicker Comp VR 10". I am so excited I could just blow my up something.

Ok, now that is over. Some quick questions.

I know how to wire a SVC sub to an amp without any problems. These Kickers are DVC and a little confusing. Series or parrallel wiring?? What is the difference? The destructions for the subs only show a one channel amp for each sub (confusion sets in). The Lanzar is 2 channel, one sub for each channel.

How do I wire the subs to get the best results from them??

A friend told me to wire the subs TOGETHER!! And then hook them to the amp. Is this correct or is he blow smoke??

Thanks for the input. **** this is cool, finally some tunes in the pickup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

well here r the specs on the amp...2 x 300 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms

2 x 600 Watts Max at 4 Ohms

1 x 1200 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged

2 x 500 Watts at 2 Ohms

now all u have to figure out is weather or not u have the dual 4 ohm subs or dual 2 ohm subs....

if subs r 2 ohm: u have to run them at 2x 500

if they r 4 ohm: u can run them at full power at 1x 1200 bridged....gl

The subs are 2 ohm, 300 watts RMS. The amp is 2 ohm stable.

They will sit in a fiberglassed enclosure that will have approx. 1.25 cubic feet.

See if this should be the way I wire these up or something different. Friend told me last nite this is the way he wired his.

Kicker 2.doc

Attachments

• Kicker 2.doc
    0 bytes · Views: 33
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.