Nemesis subwoofers ? (what the hell are they ?)

Update: Box is done. Getting it hooked up in my car late next week

p2A0kaK.jpg

b9r9uEG.jpg

Next week?? Dam I wanna know how they are right now!!
Port looks kinda big tho...
I want to know too ! (I sold my last setup in January so I've had no bass since then).
In regards to the port here's a few more pictures. The box builder usually tunes around 30-34hz (he deals mostly in DD, AB, and Sundown).

7qqp9O6.jpg

1tD3uup.jpg

Got it hooked up Saturday on my VFL 150.1 (running at 2 ohms since the alternator I bought wouldn't fit) and i love it.

Running stock alt, big 3, XS D3400 and everything is going good (no smell from the subwoofer, sound quality is great, amplifier is refusing to get warm let alone hot, and its very loud).

My headunit goes to 35 volume and I usually don't have to turn the volume past 22 (by the time I hit low 20s everything in my car is rattling).

My original plan was running the VFL 150.1 at 1 ohm with an aftermarket alternator and a slighly bigger battery but I might ditch that (it's getting very loud on my current electrical and the sound quality is good).

I don't think I can justify the price tag to jump to 1 ohm (replace the power/ground wire, pay $400 and hope the alternator company does it right this time, buy two more subs, and potentially upgrade to a slightly bigger battery). Even after selling my current subs/battery it would be near $1000 out of pocket

Here's the pictures from Saturday

8TCeDXV.jpg

CJG6lh5.jpg

I can't justify the $1000 price tag to jump to 1 ohm but I might compromise and meet in the middle (I Know my setup can get much louder since I'm only running a 70A alternator).

The alternator (270A) I bought wouldn't fit but I might have him re-build something with a larger pulley that's in a more reasonable amp range (like 150-200A).

That won't break the bank and should give me at least a 10 DB increase in output

whats your voltage dropping to now??
The volt meter I bought wouldn't work so it will be another week before I get one in.
When driving at night my lights starts flickering at volume 23 (I don't remember the last time I turned the headunit all the way up but I think it goes to either 35 or 40). 25 is the loudest I can turn it before it doesn't become any louder.

I'm probably only seeing 350-400 watts to each sub since I have to power my car and door speakers on stock alt, big 3, and XS D3400 battery.

My amplifier (VFL 150.1 at 2 ohms) is rated around 1700 watts and I'm only seeing about half of it (if even that ).

I can't justify the $1000 price tag to jump to 1 ohm but I might compromise and meet in the middle (I Know my setup can get much louder since I'm only running a 70A alternator).

The alternator (270A) I bought wouldn't fit but I might have him re-build something with a larger pulley that's in a more reasonable amp range (like 150-200A).

That won't break the bank and should give me at least a 10 DB increase in output
Wut?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.