Needing some advice

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jalicia2130

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all I have a stock head unit I ran an Loc to my rear subwoofer I have the infinity system in my car. Someone tuned it and changed the fuses on my aftermarket amp. And now I only get music for 2 seconds when I power on my radio....

I have done the reset button pulling out the fuses and even took out the stereo to unplug the harness and still nothing.

I have also disconnected my loc and my amp from the audio system and still music only for 2 seconds.... Officially at a lost...

So your headunit is only staying on for two seconds? Your amp is only staying on for two seconds? Is the amp going into protection mode? All sound goes out? Only subwoofer?

Why did a person tuning it change the fuses out?

So your headunit is only staying on for two seconds? Your amp is only staying on for two seconds? Is the amp going into protection mode? All sound goes out? Only subwoofer?

Why did a person tuning it change the fuses out?

Head unit factory amp and sub all have power when the music gets on I only have power no sound through my whole audio system he changed the fuses because every time he would move my amp it would cut off and so he was I guess you could say troubleshooting it went to tune it one more time to make sure everything was good after he checked the voltages and I had good voltage on everything and turned on the car and I only had music for 2 seconds

Try disconnecting the loc. If your music stays on, it may be wired wrong, loc may be bad, or radio may not be able to handle the extra load. Is loc connected before the Infinity amplifier or after?
I discounted the loc and took the remote wire out if the aftermarket amp and still sound for 2 seconds. The loc is hooked up before I believe. I have it connected to my factory sub wires in the back

I discounted the loc and took the remote wire out if the aftermarket amp and still sound for 2 seconds. The loc is hooked up before I believe. I have it connected to my factory sub wires in the back
Ok, so you put it back to stock and got the same results. You also said that the loc is connected before the factory amp. If this is so, then does the subwoofer amp also play for two seconds then stops? To keep the amp on, jump a small wire from the power to the remote. Then test to see if the 2 seconds also applies to the sub amp. If it does it with the sub amp as well, then the problem will be in the head unit.
But if the loc is connected after the factory amp, it may be that amp that has the issue. If this is so, you should be able to connect pre amp and get the sub playing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.