Need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Califmike33

CarAudio.com Regular
Hey guys new to the forum, my name is Michael.

I have a fiat 500 i want to dump the stock system and install all the new gear i bought for it myself. I have 6 speakers in the car, 2 woofers on the door, 2 tweeters near front windshield, and 2 rear woofers near back seats. I want to gut it and do a complete new install. I have a new Teyes CC3 android head unit, new 4 channel amp 1600w, new jbl 609c front componet speakers, and Jbl 629 for the rear, no sub right now maybe later.

Ok i think here is where im lost, my new head unit has coaxial out, and it comes with a dongle that has rca outs FR, LF, RR, RL, all single ended. So i need a 4 channel amp install kit ? or 2 ?, im thinking i need 4 but unsure. I think will have no problem hooking it all up, maybe.

Thank for any help you give me.

I hope I’m understanding you correctly.

You don’t have to connect all of the RCA’s. You could maybe start by just getting your front stage working. I personally like almost all of my sound coming from in front of me, like a concert, and have the sub in the back.

You could maybe just run a nice 2 channel up front and leave the rear stuff running off the radio amp, if it has one. You can run iirc what is called an ambient setup, where you only run a midrange in the rear with heavy midbass, to act more as a filler than have highly directional sound coming from behind you.

If you don’t have a dedicated subwoofer output, you may want to save one set of RCA’s for the sub amp. If not that, then you may need to get some sort of RCA splitting devices to turn your 2 RCA sets into 3, if you really want to have a 4 channel plus sub.

There’s a lot of ways you could go with this, especially since you’re just at the beginning stages.

The back of the head unit has a coaxial out/spidf. It comes with a dongle that plugs into that coaxial out then branches off into four separate rcas one for the left front one for the right front one for the right rear and one for the left rear.

I'm assuming I need to plug in interconnects into those four rcas and run those into the back of the amp that's separate amp that's going under my seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...