Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUBS BACK PORT UP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

crabbjames11

AMERICAN BASS XFL FTW
I have a 03 Chevy suburban. It's going with 3 of the 12" american bass xfl in ported box. Pushed by a Soundstream ta3000.d1 at 1.33ohms. Box tuning i know i want to be at 32hz @ 0db but design is what i looking for help with? Subs back or up port up or back.The way it is now is subs up port back.Never had it the other way.So please some feed back would be appreciated.O Cherryman customs is the builder.That guy knows his stuff.I know we are going to come to a bad a$$ outcome.I would like to hear WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ON DESIGNS!

Most Comp vehicles/Surburbs that you see generally are Sub up /Port up, or a wall seem to retrieve the best results that I have seen at shows/comps, with alot of deadening,especially the roof, very important/needed.My 4 12s in a ported enclosure were subs up port up and did sound the best of my experience in my truck..My CVR my subs are set at subs rear port rear, and does very nice.Sounds better subs up /port up, but my roof cant handle it as I havent preped it at all.Less roof flex ATM subs rear /port rear, though Id like to go up with them,seemed to sound much better to me

YEAH I understand what your saying with flex. Especially the roof just with subs up can only imagine with port up. Thats why i'm asking you all don't want to really take panels down and dead em.Would both back impact the loudness or would the box design help with whatever way you want them.

Anyone ever seen or heard something about it being bad for you to run subs facing up.Something about being off balance or some $h!t.Every car that i've had was always subs up.So i guess just stay with subs up port back.Unless i deadened the roof togo sub and port up!

When it comes to the port. Does it need to be long and skinny or one big square kinda like steve meade box? I'm wanting good sound quality and hard hitting to match.If thats possible not one over powering the other?What is some of the ports you guys have seen.Using mdf wood or would the port matter as long as it's to specs?

Most SUVs are sub up, port back but trucks are sub up port up, I woulod think it would be the same for his SUV
Ya, you are right..Subs up port back Most of in Surburbs..My Mistake..I have seen alot of Subs up Port up too.. but you are right subs up port rear.Ya my truck subs up port up.Seen alot with subs up port forward too.My CRV sounds better subs up port up/little suv.(roof isnt preped though

When it comes to the port. Does it need to be long and skinny or one big square kinda like steve meade box? I'm wanting good sound quality and hard hitting to match.If thats possible not one over powering the other?What is some of the ports you guys have seen.Using mdf wood or would the port matter as long as it's to specs?
Specs//LOL..Tuning is everything by specs, though we break the rules/experience beyond .Ive heard that the Octo Ports are awesome/have had great results

Huh i'll do some looking into these octo ports.Can't wait to sit down with Cherryman and get this build started. Audiobaun i see you got the xfl does the 2.06cft seem to be the spot for them or is there more room to play with?

Huh i'll do some looking into these octo ports.Can't wait to sit down with Cherryman and get this build started. Audiobaun i see you got the xfl does the 2.06cft seem to be the spot for them or is there more room to play with?
More room to play with.Looking to do a wall. Hopefully done this time next year.Seems like They were gasping for air/more room. Wall will be 8 cubes rear @29 htz- 15 cubes front@58 htz..Buck said should play down to mid 20s..Quasi 6th order.For a single XFL per chamber.. prob be nice towards 2.6-3 cubes per sub.Box In sig did fine..Yet, I know they need more, but served

LOL..Had a neighbor three houses down come ask what the hell I had banging in my garage..LOL. New Neighbor..First time I met him..lol

4- XFL 12s @ 2.06 @32 htz each in x-cab

Hell yeah going to go as big as the back will let me! Lucky i guess with it being a burban. Keeping all seat in place. Soundstream amp is doing a ok job looking to get vfl amp soon! Thanks everyone for the input will post pics when it's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...