need help with wiring subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list
I guess you're going to want to wire parallel/parallel.  Theoretically that will have the amp at .75 ohms, but realistically it will be much higher most of the time (ac reactance vs dc resistance) so hopefully the amp runs ok.

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Resulting load will be .75 ohms instead of 1.

I like to play it safe with impedance. I'd rather wire the dual voice coils in series, for 6 ohm per speaker, then wire the speakers in parallel to the amp for a 3 ohm load to the amp. Yes, you'll lose some wattage, but I'd rather not risk it unless you've seen that amp handle a .75 ohm nominal load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Try again on the attachments/pictures. They didn't load. Not exactly sure on the wiring, but you can buy an adapter harness that goes from your...
No not in this situation.PM sent for proper use of the Y splitters for this situation
Sure, 600 volts, yep. If you’re trying to launch the subwoofer cones to the moon! And, that’s if they don’t just vaporize first!
Is that 1000w max? Don't expect to be able to bridge a 1000w amp at 2 ohms and get 500w x 2ch. I'm pretty sure you can't with that amp, for...
This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...

About this thread

Riley Garcia

CarAudio.com Newbie
Riley Garcia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Mooncatt