need help with upgrade for my upgrade

Participant count
  • Participants list

mjwarren972

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
I have a 2009 Pontiac G8. I put in a Kenwood HU, JL VX700/5i, Kicker KS series components in front doors and 2x CompC 8" in factory location in rear shelf wired in series parrallel for a 4 ohm load on amp. some people say it sounds good, but it's not quite there for me.

I am going to put a factory type HU back in. The HU i am going to put in is 4 channel, I haven"t found any info about weather it has bass roll off or preset EQ's that need to be corrected. Other than the headunit I am not deadset on anything.

I know there is no way I can get what I really want, LOUD and Quality, but looking for as close as I can get

You can get loud and clean...don't write that off if that's what you're looking for

Honestly if you left the jl and Kenwood in there and got a good ported box for those 8" kickers and wired them to 2 ohm and maybe add a set of coaxials for rear fill...you might be closer than you think

Last edited:
You can get loud and clean...don't write that off if that's what you're looking for

Honestly if you left the jl and Kenwood in there and got a good ported box for those 8" kickers and wired them to 2 ohm and maybe add a set of coaxials for rear fill...you might be closer than you think
there is only one install kit for aftermarket HU in these cars and i absolutley hate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...