Need help with new system including PAC AmpPro4 and JL DSP

Participant count
  • Participant list

whiteninjazx6r

US
Hey guys. I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Alpine Factory System.

I recently had the whole thing outfitted with aftermarket audio:

Front: JL components

Rear: JL coaxials

Amp: Alpine 5 Channel

Sub: Pioneer shallow mount 8"

DSP: JL Twk-D8

Summoning: PAC AmpPro 4

I'm getting EXTREMELY flat audio now. The center channel is almost all I can perceive in the entire system now. ZERO base from any speaker. It sound epically terrible. The installer said they can finely tune everything but for a price or they just set a basic tune for everything and let me play with it. I figured I would play with it. I've never used a DSP and I wasn't aware the PAC needed FW updates and settings could be altered.

One thing I don't think they did was update and set any setting s on the PAC device.

Also, not only is it terrible audio, but with the amp bass knob all the way up, I still get basically no bass from speakers or sub. With the JL DSP volume and bass knob all the way up, I have to crank the HU volume almost to max to get any real volume out of it.

Anyone have any idea what could be the issue with my terrible audio?

My thoughts:

1. Need to update the PAC and set whatever setting may help

2. Need to change some gains and whatnot on the amp itself.

3. The DSP has a very basic tune set to it, and the cheap laptop I ordered to tune it is on it's way (Friday)

Any other ideas? What's the best way to go about the order? I assume, PAC update/settings, then DSP settings updated and tuned, then mess with the amp?

Of course if I can figure it out (especially with some help here) I will just take it to them and let em have at it and pay their price ($100+)

Thanks a ton for the help guys!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They installed this for you and then want to charge you extra to tune it?? That's BS. I wouldn't give them another dime and I would ensure I never recommended them to anyone.

This is the chance for you to get to know your system. They probably have everything turned way down to convince you their services are worth the money. There really isn't much to do on the PAC and it probably is not part of your issue. You need to learn your DSP. The video below is a great start and I think you'll get the hang of it. It will take some time to get dialed in though and your ears will be the best tool for setting it up. Do not adjust the gains without using a multimeter. Gains will blow things if not done properly. There are videos on youtube that explain this perfectly and the one from JL explains it very well.

PAC -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.