Need help one speaker getting loud

Konnekt1

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 2019 Silverado with a 5 channel pioneer gm-9705 running Rockford t1650 components in the front and the t1 coaxial in the back with a Memphis 10. Fix 86 Dsp with a custom harness connecting it all together

so today after about an hour of driving my right back speaker got way louder then the others parked and when I went back to lunch it was fixed. Then on the commute home it did it again.
Took the door panels off and everything was wet from sweat. Cut the corroded wires soldered the speakers terminals added foam baffles to keep moisture out. Put it back together and after a little while it did it again.

recalibrated the fix 86 switched the aux cables and the speaker was still doing it. Any idea what maybe causing this. Only options I have is check the harness see if that’s it. The amp is messing up or it’s that speaker. The speaker does have some rust on the terminal from the moisture.

You might be getting a short somewhere in the speaker coil that's lowering speaker resistance/impedance. That may be why it get's louder. I've had door speakers fall apart from moisture, where the voice coil was grounding out on the motor structure. You may have something like that going on.

Do the woofers have a paper cone?

Push very lightly on the speaker cone and see if you can feel or hear rubbing when you push down on it. Be very careful doing that, those woofers can break the cone or center cap easily.

Any recommendations on how to keep the moisture out or would adding the baffles be enough?

You need to make sure your doors are draining when they get wet. Some vehicles have doors that are literally meant to be wet inside when it rains, to some degree. If you want to keep your speakers dry, they do make little foam chambers or enclosures that can seal the back side of the woofer off from the inside of the door. You may also want to just check the condition of all of your vehicles rubber seals. That's how moisture usually gets in, from my experience. (my explorer was very moist)

You need to make sure your doors are draining when they get wet. Some vehicles have doors that are literally meant to be wet inside when it rains, to some degree. If you want to keep your speakers dry, they do make little foam chambers or enclosures that can seal the back side of the woofer off from the inside of the door. You may also want to just check the condition of all of your vehicles rubber seals. That's how moisture usually gets in, from my experience. (my explorer was very moist)

Thanks for the replies.

So I changed out the door speakers. After that is when the left speaker started getting white noise only in that one channel on the amp. Messed with it for awhile reset the gains and got the white noise to mostly disappear. Went a couple of days nothing wrong with either side then yesterday on my commute home the right speaker got loud again. Now every time it has done this it was just listening to podcast at normal volumes. Last night I ordered a new amp because all I can figure is that once my amp runs for a while it is getting hot and messing up the rear channels. If you pause everything with the volume down after the speaker messes up a lot of white noise gets introduced.

That sounds maybe like an amp issue, may check the RCA's as well.

It was doing the white noise thing with just the amp and speaker wires hooked up. No RCA'S running to it at all. So ill hook everything up to the new amp and see if I have any issues. Just ***** if it is the amp bc Pioneer was at one point really good I thought.

It was doing the white noise thing with just the amp and speaker wires hooked up. No RCA'S running to it at all. So ill hook everything up to the new amp and see if I have any issues. Just ***** if it is the amp bc Pioneer was at one point really good I thought.
Hey did you ever fix this. My back speaker has been randomly doing this. I turn the car off for a while, then it’s fixed. Once I turn it on after several minutes it does it again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...