Need Help Finding Amp

Mikey8043

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im planning on getting two sets of these ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGMTGN1/?tag=caraudiocom-20 ) and want to hook then up to an amp. I would like to run them each at 100 watts and my question is what watt/channel amp should i get to do that and what ohms do i wire them at. Sorry im a noob lol. I was thinking about getting a Rockford P400X 4 channel and wiring the speakers at 2ohms but not sure if that is the way to go with these speakers. Any input is much appreciated thanks!

Also planning on getting two of these ( https://www.down4soundshop.com/copy-of-sundown-audio-sa-v2-15-1000-watts-rms-dvc-2ohm/ ) and hooking them up to this amp ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MJGGO30/?tag=caraudiocom-20 ). Would this work out and what ohm should i wire them at for the subs to be at 1000w each.

379 for a 1000 rms amp is an absolute horrible buy, at least buy b stock sundown and those subs will be horribly underpowered. you want at least a 2000 rms amp or more. Get a wolfram 2400 for way less money and way more power.
270 for a 4 channel that does 50 x 4 (more like 75 since rockford is underrated) is shitty as well, a pioneer gm 8704 is 130 and you get around 120 x 4 proven on the amp dyno. 8604 is the older version of the 8704 but basically the same amp, the new generation is better built quality wise but amp boards look the same.

Last edited:
viola the money you save can go towards a custom sub enclosure, head unit or better components (type Rs are beyond mediocre) or beefed up electricals agm batts, big 3 etc...

for real tho, skip the type Rs, they were crappy at their old price point at 100 dollars but at 150+ they are an absolute rip off for the performance they give, they also wont keep up with two 12s on 2k if your box is done right, the bass will completely drown the type Rs, they arent loud at all.

Sweet i appreciate the help guys!

I'm going to get a 2000W amp and get 2 4ohm 1000W subs and wire them at 1ohm to the amp for 1000W for each sub. I have a box for them too.

Then for the 4 speakers im going to get that 1200 watt amp and wire them at 4ohm to get 100 watts on each.

What electrical upgrades would i need on top of that besides a head unit?

Sweet i appreciate the help guys!

I'm going to get a 2000W amp and get 2 4ohm 1000W subs and wire them at 1ohm to the amp for 1000W for each sub. I have a box for them too.

Then for the 4 speakers im going to get that 1200 watt amp and wire them at 4ohm to get 100 watts on each.

What electrical upgrades would i need on top of that besides a head unit?

Have you done the Big 3?

379 for a 1000 rms amp is an absolute horrible buy, at least buy b stock sundown and those subs will be horribly underpowered. you want at least a 2000 rms amp or more. Get a wolfram 2400 for way less money and way more power.
270 for a 4 channel that does 50 x 4 (more like 75 since rockford is underrated) is shitty as well, a pioneer gm 8704 is 130 and you get around 120 x 4 proven on the amp dyno. 8604 is the older version of the 8704 but basically the same amp, the new generation is better built quality wise but amp boards look the same.

What do you think of the Kenwood amps? Like the eXelon series and Reference series?

If you mean Kenwood for your four channel You’re still talking 250$ For that amp...not really “budget” zone. Similar Dyno verified power can Be had for less
I'm sure it can... Precision Power comes to mind. But will a budget amp also aid in good sound quality? If these budget amps are not affecting sound quality of a good source and good components, then I'll make my PPI order this very second.

Last edited:
I'm sure it can... Power Acoustics comes to mind. But will a budget amp also aid in good sound quality? If these budget amps are not affecting sound quality of a good source and good components, then I'll make my PPI order this very second.
Power acoustics....no! pioneer gm d8704 is what I had in mind. $130. Then you can get a budget 2k like a taramps or a wolfram.

theres a huge difference between budget
Amps and mediocre brands

I'm sure it can... Precision Power comes to mind. But will a budget amp also aid in good sound quality? If these budget amps are not affecting sound quality of a good source and good components, then I'll make my PPI order this very second.
Everything else affects the sound quality way more than the amps. What you want is a lot of headroom with power so you never run into distortion or clipping which ruins sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.