Need help completing first build. Thoughts? Tips?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sandman01

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm starting to take an interest in cars and vehicle audio systems, for as long as I know I was fed up with the poor SQ of stock speakers. Right now I have an 04 Blazer 2dr with stock HU, stock dash speakers, Pioneer TS-A1680F on my doors, and Pioneer TS-A6970F running in the rear. I spaced on checking out the impedance on the rear as I bought 4 ohm 6x9s, only to find out that the rears are 10 ohm. The rear speakers sound fine at low volume but quickly lose volume and SQ as I turn up the volume. Will upgrading the HU help to negate that issue? Or will the system need to be rewired to adapt to 4 ohm speakers? I realize an amp would help fix most of my issues, but as a soon-to-be college student I want to hold off on lavish spending. My goal with my build is to maximize sound quality while having a little extra power in low range frequencies. Any advice would be great, especially recommendations to products that would fit in a $200 budget (only looking for HU and amp for now)

I researched the **** out of budget decks with a. CD player and couldn’t find a better one than this for the money.

As for amps, buying a decent four channel used should be easy as hell. There’s always someone on offer up needing to move gear. New that pioneer gm-d8704 is pretty legit.

That recommendation will allow you to run all the speakers you currently have. Also, a quality hu alone connected to those pioneers will likely sound light years better than the pioneers connected to an old factory. Maybe try the hu first and see if you’re okay with it

I researched the **** out of budget decks with a. CD player and couldn’t find a better one than this for the money.

As for amps, buying a decent four channel used should be easy as hell. There’s always someone on offer up needing to move gear. New that pioneer gm-d8704 is pretty legit.

That recommendation will allow you to run all the speakers you currently have. Also, a quality hu alone connected to those pioneers will likely sound light years better than the pioneers connected to an old factory. Maybe try the hu first and see if you’re okay with it

Thank you for the help. Will swapping out the hu help solve the issue of incorrect impedance? I have not looked to far into the wiring of the system, but 10 ohms rear speakers makes me believe that the speakers are wired in parallel and that I will have to do some rewiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.