Need help choosing a sub, already have the box and amp

One quick search on Craigslist, let go, offer up or facebook/instagram local audiogroups/builders will give you massive list of box builders with quality work, knowledge and stellar track record at your fingertips that will build for far cheaper than a shop.
I was thinking about trying to get rid of some boxes and stuff on those sites . I never thought about advertising to do some box building ...when I get my woodworking shop back going I may try that . It never hurts getting extra business

Not too surprised skar specs are varying for box recommendations. Wouldn't be surprised if t/s parameters are way off.
A little surprised that the port is blocked off. Sounds like your biggest issue.I'd get a hold of fox box about that plus see if they'll take it back

If you want to do some testing with it why not sit the box in the back seat with sub firing forward and the port with room to breathe just to hear how it sounds.
Modeling won't do much good with the port being half blocked
Skar has always been a pretty shady company from what I've heard . I've always steered clear of their products

I was thinking about trying to get rid of some boxes and stuff on those sites . I never thought about advertising to do some box building ...when I get my woodworking shop back going I may try that . It never hurts getting extra business
just be prepared to be bombed by low ballers daily. You'll find decent human beings with jobs and money as clients once in awhile. Make sure you have really sick looking catalog of pictures and installs.

The hardest part imo about selling car audio is subwoofer enclosures, and I mean empty ones that were built, not bought. I have sold about 3-4 last yr or 2 that I build but were pretty rough shape. I took the time to make them purdy and priced it so that it's pocket change for a lot of people. Such as I sold a 4 10's ported box double baffle made from MDF for 60 bucks. Another 2 8's I also built for 40 bucks.

The hardest part imo about selling car audio is subwoofer enclosures, and I mean empty ones that were built, not bought. I have sold about 3-4 last yr or 2 that I build but were pretty rough shape. I took the time to make them purdy and priced it so that it's pocket change for a lot of people. Such as I sold a 4 10's ported box double baffle made from MDF for 60 bucks. Another 2 8's I also built for 40 bucks.
So mostly it’s just the cheap stuff that sales ?

Not too surprised skar specs are varying for box recommendations. Wouldn't be surprised if t/s parameters are way off.
A little surprised that the port is blocked off. Sounds like your biggest issue.I'd get a hold of fox box about that plus see if they'll take it back

If you want to do some testing with it why not sit the box in the back seat with sub firing forward and the port with room to breathe just to hear how it sounds.
Modeling won't do much good with the port being half blocked
The box itself is fine, it just bumps against the door card, which blocks part of the port. I need to pull the door panel and listen for a difference. My brother has the same truck, same box, only using a Brutal Sounds mini Brute 12. That sounds significantly better at the same wattage. I'm also curious about the new sundown SLD 12, that looks like it would be a decent fit.

I'm gonna add to this and say that if OP is on FB, join some car audio groups on there. Plenty of people there in your area or close by that you could ask about a simple ported or sealed box for the sub you want. Word gets around quickly.
I reached out to a couple of guys in the beginning. There's so little space that it would have to be a fiberglass build. In hindsight I would have broken even paying for the custom built box over the different combos I've tried.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.