Need bass for 100 dollar in a tight space?

RockyBalboa

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
I have a c10 chevy truck and have some what of a new vehicle factory sound in it now. I am happy with what I have but would like a little more bass. Not shaking the house windows bass just a little more added to what I have . I have limited space with the single cab and also would like to hide things as much as possible. I have a taramps 400x4, 50w rms dash speakers and 85wrms rear 6x9s in it now. I am undecided on connecting dash back up to the taramps at the moment.
Looking around the
rockville 8" low profile sub seems to fit the bill as a all in one deal with included amp. On the other hand I can get a pioneer IB slim 8" sub for about 65 dollars and hook up to my current amp. I am assuming the box size is not a great factor with the free air slim sub. I can make the box myself from MDF.
Anyone have any experience with the items I listed above or see another route I should take?

I have a c10 chevy truck and have some what of a new vehicle factory sound in it now. I am happy with what I have but would like a little more bass. Not shaking the house windows bass just a little more added to what I have . I have limited space with the single cab and also would like to hide things as much as possible. I have a taramps 400x4, 50w rms dash speakers and 85wrms rear 6x9s in it now. I am undecided on connecting dash back up to the taramps at the moment.
Looking around the
rockville 8" low profile sub seems to fit the bill as a all in one deal with included amp. On the other hand I can get a pioneer IB slim 8" sub for about 65 dollars and hook up to my current amp. I am assuming the box size is not a great factor with the free air slim sub. I can make the box myself from MDF.
Anyone have any experience with the items I listed above or see another route I should take?

Use two of the channels on the amp to power this sub. Build a box for your sub. Sell the 6"x9"'s if you can and get some 6.5" 2-way door speakers. Wire them to the other two channels on the amp. Good luck!
Screenshot_20200101-223351_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Go to walmart. Get a Blaupunkt 8" subwoofer for $28 and the Dual XPR82D amp for $60.

Or a Taramps Bass 400 and a dual 4 ohm subwoofer that is in your budget and size requirements.

Go to walmart. Get a Blaupunkt 8" subwoofer for $28 and the Dual XPR82D amp for $60.

Or a Taramps Bass 400 and a dual 4 ohm subwoofer that is in your budget and size requirements.
I can vouch for the blaupunkt subs, im been running 2 10's running the mono 600watt @2 ohm sub channel on a pioneer 9605 5 channel for over a year, they haven't blown and sound better then they did when new. Paid $18 a piece for them, I didn't they would last 2 months LOL

what do you guys think about this set up ? About 100 dollars over my budget but figure time to make a box and sound quality over some of the underseat units this might be the way to go??? Can I piggy back power and rca off my other taramps 400x4? Still thinking its a bit much bass though.

Those under seat setups are absolutely horrible.

I would go with the Blaupunkt I recommended but the Kicker will work. Just double your budget that I would use to build a nice box for the Blaupunkt 8" subwoofer.

Thanks for the input guys. Again not looking for window shaking , trunk rattling, just looking for a little more bass. I can feel the 6x9s on the seats , bass. Im running 63watts x 4 , two kicker dash 3.5s and two alpine 6x9s.
Do you guys think a10" blupunkt rated at 300 rms and the taramps bass 400 @ 214watts at 4 ohm, be ok ?

Will the sub over power what I have as far as sound coming from 6x9s and 3.5s?
Should it run cool for long periods of time?
Im assuming , the lower amp wattage will add longevity to the sub?
Should I go to a 8" sub with the taramps 400? maybe better suited to what I am running and a little more compact.

Taramps 400

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.