Need Advice Please...Noob here but I have done lots of reading I'm trying...

You will need more than that
22-23' including your ground should do you fine
If you use OFC expect to pay $4/foot
So your looking at about $100
Wiring is the one place you should not go cheap on
Running that kind of power comes with the risk of fire
That's why you buy the good stuff

Sky High makes good stuff, KnuKonceptz as well. That’s if you want to go “car audio” stuff. Otherwise, EB Flex welding wire is your cheapest solution.

I paid that 65 bucks for that welding wire and right now it is still 2.55 a foot on their main website. I would go with that if it was me I bought 30 feet to redo all my big 3 connections and run wire for my Explorer and had around 8-10 feet left. But with a camry 25-30 feet would be enough to do both. I also bought my 1/0 crimper as a set that does 1/0 connectors and a cutter for like 20 bucks on amazon.

I paid that 65 bucks for that welding wire and right now it is still 2.55 a foot on their main website. I would go with that if it was me I bought 30 feet to redo all my big 3 connections and run wire for my Explorer and had around 8-10 feet left. But with a camry 25-30 feet would be enough to do both. I also bought my 1/0 crimper as a set that does 1/0 connectors and a cutter for like 20 bucks on amazon.
Can you send link please?

I'm explaining to the wifey the situation about needing the extra thickness of wiring since we upgraded amplifier. She is telling me to take it the shop because her car doesn't have fold down backseat (2010 Toyota Camry SE) lucky me that all the models have fold down backseat but my model. Looks like the shop took the backseat out somehow someway to drill a distribution block and also the ground cable. I have another DD amp in there for my highs. There is no way the shop drilled that distribution block from the trunk. All of this just to run some 0 gauge wire and I really wanna close this thread but not until I finish this darn project. And of course I am going to post pics when all this is said and done🙆‍♂️

Yeah, that 30$ ''"1/0 gauge""" is extremely suspicious. Your shop charging 7$ a foot is probably selling Kicker, Rockford, or some other premium brand which is probably overpaying but at least you're getting quality. The orange ultra-flex stuff from weldingsupply.com is very good if you're still trying to DIY and you can buy lug connectors that screw on with an alan wrench to avoid the worry of having to crimp.

I'm explaining to the wifey the situation about needing the extra thickness of wiring since we upgraded amplifier. She is telling me to take it the shop because her car doesn't have fold down backseat (2010 Toyota Camry SE) lucky me that all the models have fold down backseat but my model. Looks like the shop took the backseat out somehow someway to drill a distribution block and also the ground cable. I have another DD amp in there for my highs. There is no way the shop drilled that distribution block from the trunk. All of this just to run some 0 gauge wire and I really wanna close this thread but not until I finish this darn project. And of course I am going to post pics when all this is said and done🙆‍♂️

This might work for you. Complete kit.

Screenshot_20210401-201622_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.