Need Advice Please...Noob here but I have done lots of reading I'm trying...

These are my current settings at 3/4 volume

Attachments

• 20210331_163315.jpg
    20210331_163315.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210331_162403.jpg
    20210331_162403.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 46
These are my current settings at 3/4 volume
Also, does this Bass remote bypass my current "Bass Boost 0-6 dB" settings that I currently have on my amp? Because if that's the case, then this would be perfect for those "Oldies But Goodies" songs that need that extra kick. Because anyways, my current Gain settings are set with loud bassy music and I know that as you go higher on the "Bass Boost" you must turn down the Gain. Am I right in my theory?

You need to set the deck at the max volume you play which should be around 3/4 to 7/8 of the volume (example is 30/40 or 35/40). You then have your bass knob in the max position. Start with your amp gain at the lowest setting and slowly turn it up until you hear distortion or mechanical noises and back off a little. That should be a good gain setting.

You don’t want to set the gain and then install the bass knob and turn it up as that will clip the amp and eventually blow your subs.

Good luck with that. 🤣

#4 cable is really sketchy for that much power and honestly you may be quickly getting to the point where you will want an additional battery.

200$ doesn't sound too unreasonable if they're selling some premium brand cable and billing you a couple hours.

That said, if you have time and are comfortable drilling through the firewall, installing a grommet, and removing seats and trim along one side the matching colors of wire into the amp isn't rocket science.

#4 cable is really sketchy for that much power and honestly you may be quickly getting to the point where you will want an additional battery.

200$ doesn't sound too unreasonable if they're selling some premium brand cable and billing you a couple hours.

That said, if you have time and are comfortable drilling through the firewall, installing a grommet, and removing seats and trim along one side the matching colors of wire into the amp isn't rocket science.

Yea, I know 4 gauge may be pushing my luck. So, I pulled the trigger on this wire from eBay and will do the wire run on my own when it gets here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-084550_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210401-084550_eBay.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 43
What would concern me is the fact it says "36 volts only" the welding wire I use holds up to 600 volts.

This should explain things a bit more. CCA has it's uses when it is a good brand but idk that had chinese writing all over it on Amazon as I typed in the part number for it there.

What would concern me is the fact it says "36 volts only" the welding wire I use holds up to 600 volts.

This should explain things a bit more. CCA has it's uses when it is a good brand but idk that had chinese writing all over it on Amazon as I typed in the part number for it there.

[/URL]

[/URL]
Darn, I didn't see that it says "Note: This wire may be used be used for up to 36 Volts only". So can I use it or not for my setup

Yeah, don’t use that wire. I bet it’s not any better than your 4 gauge. I have used CCA with good results before on a budget. But for the price of CCA, you can get OFC welding wire (or at least very close to it).

Yeah, don’t use that wire. I bet it’s not any better than your 4 gauge. I have used CCA with good results before on a budget. But for the price of CCA, you can get OFC welding wire (or at least very close to it).
Waste of freaking money. I usually order on Amazon because returns are easy, but I don't buy off of eBay. Someone on here recommended me buying wire from eBay cause Amazon looking like they are selling crap. Well it was only $36. Can someone give me a good estimate of how many feet I would need for a 2010 Toyota Camry.

If I don't need that much then maybe I can pull the trigger on something like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-091123_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210401-091123_eBay.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 38
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.