Need Advice Please...Noob here but I have done lots of reading I'm trying...

Shops don't like it when you bring in your own stuff so either DIY or have them do it.

Is $205 for wire, ring terminal, fuse holder, fuse and labor or just to run the wire and you take care of everything else?

Shops don't like it when you bring in your own stuff so either DIY or have them do it.

Is $205 for wire, ring terminal, fuse holder, fuse and labor or just to run the wire and you take care of everything else?
I think they were probably just thinking to run the 0 gauge wire

Heck you can even get 1/0 wire for $3.99/foot from all dealers online. I’d still DIY as you’ll save money and gain knowledge.
I'm waiting for my CXA 1800 to arrive from Best Buy any minute. Can't I just hook up the amp with the 4 gauge wire my car currently has and just call it a day?

What head unit do you have?
Hey thanx for keeping the replies coming in! My HU is a "Pioneer DMH-2600NEX"
These were the previous settings on my amp that were set by the stereo shop. Take a look

Attachments

• 20210328_164504.jpg
    20210328_164504.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 43
Hey thanx for keeping the replies coming in! My HU is a "Pioneer DMH-2600NEX"
These were the previous settings on my amp that were set by the stereo shop. Take a look
I just finished hooking up my new CXA 1800 with the 4 gauge wire that was already installed and basically copied those "Gain" settings to my new Dual Solo Barics

This is what I bought and paid 65.99 now it is 96 something but that is because of the ebay bucks going on right now. Put it into a watch list and it will come down. He won't sell any at that price. He is still selling at 2.55 a foot on their website so just watch for the price to drop. Execelene is really nice wire, I've used welding cable a couple times with great results.

What volume level do you listen to at the max?
Pretty loud. Oh and another thing, I like music with a lot of bass in it, but the wifey (owner of car)likes more of like James Brown "The Big Payback" for example and she told me that some of her personal music doesn't "BUMP" as loud as say for example rap music. I have a Kicker CX Bass know also that I wanna run from my amp to her dashboard so she can turn the bass up on those certain songs.

You need to set the deck at the max volume you play which should be around 3/4 to 7/8 of the volume (example is 30/40 or 35/40). You then have your bass knob in the max position. Start with your amp gain at the lowest setting and slowly turn it up until you hear distortion or mechanical noises and back off a little. That should be a good gain setting.

You don’t want to set the gain and then install the bass knob and turn it up as that will clip the amp and eventually blow your subs.

You need to set the deck at the max volume you play which should be around 3/4 to 7/8 of the volume (example is 30/40 or 35/40). You then have your bass knob in the max position. Start with your amp gain at the lowest setting and slowly turn it up until you hear distortion or mechanical noises and back off a little. That should be a good gain setting.

You don’t want to set the gain and then install the bass knob and turn it up as that will clip the amp and eventually blow your subs.
I'm going to my car and taking a picture of my new settings with my new amp and post it on here. Also, what does the crossover frequency do on the amp? I have no clue as to what that does. Let me go to my car since I live in apartments and take some pics of my settings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...