Need advice on 6.5 Speakers and Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigBM

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all. It has been a while since I have done any of this and things have changed drastically since 1994 when I had 2 twelve solo barics, infinity kappa comp and 6x9.

My son turns 16 in two months and I will be giving him my 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel. I want to surprise him by putting a system in his car and am working on a limited budget. This is what I have bought so far:

Rockford Fosgat P300

I have been going back and forth on some components and 6.5 coax. Any thoughts on these two choices and recommendations for anything different in same price Range:

Option 1: Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6.5" Components: $127.00
Infinity Kappa 62IX 6.5" Coaxial: $105.00

Option 2: Phoenix Gold SX65CS 6.5" Components: $169.00
Phoenix Gold SX65CX 6.5" Coaxial: $89.00

It has been a while since I have hear Phoenix gold but they sounded pretty good on demo. I am open to any other suggestions within this budget range.

The Two Amps I have been looking at are the following:

Pioneer GM-D8704 4 channel $130.00 and

Phoenix Gold SX800.4 Class D $145.95

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on keeping the Stock Head unit at this time and later updating the head unit to possibly the Pioneer AVH-2550Nex.

Thank you in advance.

I’ve always liked Phoenix gold amps, I’ve had two, and they were both nice. I would pick a Phoenix Gold over a Pioneer, most of the time, depending on what model, of course.
I couldn’t tell you nothing about their speakers though, I haven’t experienced them.
I know Kappas are good though.

I doubt you actually get that800.4 amp from San Juan Puerto Rico that’s a way more expensive amp. Get the pioneer and order from somewhere reputable

Those 2 ohm kappas will allow you to tap into more power from either of those amps

id get 2 sets of these. 1 set for front doors, 1 set for rear doors

and this amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.