Need a quick opinion on splicing head unit wires vs pigtails for my dq-61 signal processor

Participant count
  • Participant list

Moondingo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Below question is current set up vs desired set up for context.

I can usually google my questions, but this is a tad specific. I’ve had my processor for a while, but haven’t been comfortable taking the lease apart, but we are buying it out and my warranties are pretty much up so let the fun begin. So right now I have what I need for the front speakers( dd audio 60 watt 4 channel amp,morel Maximo comp)and a efx 9 wire. But I eventually want to do the back speakers, so while I got the head unit out I figured I should pigtail for the rear so I just have to hook up the amp when I buy one( cause I’m bridging the c4 to get 150 watts rms per front door speaker). My question is if I splice the rear speaker signal wires so that they are still hooked up will it effect how they sound until I decide to amplify them, and will it weaken the signal once I do amplify them to any noticeable amount. Also will I get better sound to the subs if I splice right off the head unit, vs having them spliced after the factory amp. I just know when I spliced the factory 6x9 wires for my subs it noticeably degraded the amount of power going to them rendering them useless. Wasn’t running much of a bass package at the time and wanted to keep them for added midbass in the cab. Really only want to amplify the rear doors so the signal can go through my processor as it has 7 band eq, and the bass probably drowns out the speakers as of right now back there.

2017 Ford Fusion se
Current: morel Maximo comps hooked up to the factory system, crossovers hooked to tweeters only(all doors). Dq-61 6 channel signal processor with sub channel connected to the left and right deck speaker(designated factory 6x9 subwoofers which are removed). spliced off factory plugs for sub signal. Hifonics hifi 1000w monoblock powering 2 12” dc level 2 subs.

Desired changes: use Efx 9 wire to connect head unit to 6 channel processor and run all new speaker wire from amps to power my comps

Unrealistic changes: get a Ferrari

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.