need a box for my 2 L7's

Participant count
  • Participant list

gdatw019
10+ year member

I just bought 2 15" L7's and im trying to find a box for both of them..If you could please give me some sites that sell boxes for 2 15:L7's. If you dont know of any could you please give the ideal volume of my box for each sub and the best material to build it with..

Thanx

greg

How good are you with wood work and building things? If you are decent, you should be able to build a sealed or ported box(ported being a lil more complicated), but either way you should be able to build one for about 30$ vs. paying over 300$ for a prefab, or probably closer to 4-500 for a custom built ported box. Just go buy some 3/4'' MDF from home depot, look on kickers website for the recommended box volumes and port size etc...follow those specs and you'll be set. Depending on how much space you have, you may even be able to build the box exactly like kicker did. They show cutout dimensions for the box they built, but chances it are 2 ported L7 15's aren't fitting in your truck(not in the max box size anyways, and they would even take up a lot of space in a big SUV to go with the 6.0ft^3 per sub for max SPL. good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.