Need 10-12” single sub recommendations

I’d send it back or see if your dealer will swap it out for a new one. Worst case, you pay for shipping but at least you’ll know for sure.

i purchased it used on a different forum about 34 days ago. Just recently hooked up the sub. I considered returning it but I’m sure the seller will say it was sold in 100% working condition AND I can’t 100% prove it’s the sub as it sounds better with the 4th order box cut in half.

I did put in an order with FI for a Xv3 12” D2

i purchased it used on a different forum about 34 days ago. Just recently hooked up the sub. I considered returning it but I’m sure the seller will say it was sold in 100% working condition AND I can’t 100% prove it’s the sub as it sounds better with the 4th order box cut in half.

I did put in an order with FI for a Xv3 12” D2

You'll be lucky to get an Fi sub in 60 days.

They say that but are making them faster then that. I got my build email after a week. Then they test it and then they ship it. Most are getting them shipped after 4-5 weeks right now.

Besides waiting on a quality subwoofer is worth it.

Good luck! I'm just telling you what I'm hearing from people here in Vegas. A quality sub that in mostly Chinese parts assembled in Las Vegas. 😂 They are nice subs though.

Good luck! I'm just telling you what I'm hearing from people here in Vegas. A quality sub that in mostly Chinese parts assembled in Las Vegas. 😂 They are nice subs though.
The voice coil, steel, and terminals are USA sourced. Ferrite is magnitized here and all the machining/tooling is USA sourced. Trying to spin all of that as "uhh it's a chinese sub that's glued here" is really off the mark

The voice coil, steel, and terminals are USA sourced. Ferrite is magnitized here and all the machining/tooling is USA sourced. Trying to spin all of that as "uhh it's a chinese sub that's glued here" is really off the mark

Some of the coils are made here. All of the baskets and magnets are Chinese. The cones are also Chinese. Believe what you want.

Some of the voice coils are made her.
The coils are from precision econowind. There is no built to order lines that use chinese coils
You post was totally wrong.
Email the following to Fi and they will say it's 100% accurate (I know because they have directly told me this)

The coils are from precision econowind. There is no built to order lines that use chinese coils
Email the following to Fi and they will say it's 100% accurate (I know because they have directly told me this)

Don't believe everything that you are told. The baskets are definitely Chinese. So, you are saying that only the voice coils and terminals are American. Believe me, have you ever walked the build house? It's more Chinese than you want to believe, but whatever. They are still nice subs.

So, you are saying that only the voice coils and terminals are American.
Steel, voice coil, and terminals USA sourced. Ferrite is magnitized here and all the machine/tooling is done in house. Literally nothing incorrect with any of that (this isn't "uhh all the parts already tooled and ready to go, basically a chinese glue job")
It's more Chinese than you want to believe
How is it more chinese then what I want to believe when I literally stated "these 3 things are USA sourced along with the machine/tooling". Nobody is saying there isn't any signficant chinese presense, where all 100% aware that it's "built in usa" instead of "made in usa".

Just because it's "built in usa" doesn't mean you can downplay it as a glorified "chinese glue job". The sub has plenty of USA presence in both parts and man hours/tooling

Last edited:
I never said American Bass was made in the USA. You'll get your Chinese sub soon enough.

Let's see hand built in the USA going to American Workers vs all Chinese made American Bass. Yep that is a hard decision to make! You say ours is all Chinese subwoofer but it isn't true. I've emailed them as well and gotten that same information as have a ton of other people.

No one ever said that it was 100% American Based product. Everyone knows that the Rare Earth Materials these days come from China. We just don't have the resources here in American to produce them like they can. That is common sense, same kind of rare earth materials are used in Hard Drives, Memory Chips and so on. Kinda like MSI Products I support them because they are all built in Taiwan with regards to their motherboards.

@mastershake575 send me a PM says I can't send you one, was gonna talk to you about some stuff with Fi.

Steel, voice coil, and terminals USA sourced. Ferrite is magnitized here and all the machine/tooling is done in house. Literally nothing incorrect with any of that (this isn't "uhh all the parts already tooled and ready to go, basically a chinese glue job")
How is it more chinese then what I want to believe when I literally stated "these 3 things are USA sourced along with the machine/tooling". Nobody is saying there isn't any signficant chinese presense, where all 100% aware that it's "built in usa" instead of "made in usa".

Just because it's "built in usa" doesn't mean you can downplay it as a glorified "chinese glue job". The sub has plenty of USA presence in both parts and man hours/tooling

Their site says Hand Made in the USA. So, we both agree that they are assembled in the USA with a lot of Chinese parts, but some American parts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.