n00b question...

I know this is probably a n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. If you have an amp more powerful than your speakers, you can turn it down to their level with the gain knob, right?
Most subs can take more than the recomended some more then others and then there are some that can't take the recomended. Depends on the sub

Jon

Well said livin loud, it's usually the better companies that handle over what they are rated. Take JL for example, I had an old 12 W3 rated at 250 RMS but I ran it at 375 RMS with no problems, no distortion......it's sounds the same way it did when it came out of the box. Keep that in mind.

Well said livin loud, it's usually the better companies that handle over what they are rated. Take JL for example, I had an old 12 W3 rated at 250 RMS but I ran it at 375 RMS with no problems, no distortion......it's sounds the same way it did when it came out of the box. Keep that in mind.
Thanks..

Another example: IA Death Penilty quad, ran 20 MTX8100's to 5 subs. That is 1500w RMS to each coil or 6000w RMS to each sub. This sub is rated at 1200w RMS. Mind you this is in competition conditions adn I would NOT recomend doing this but if gives you an idea.

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.