my saga with p99RS continues please help or assist. or advice...

Participant count
  • Participant list
My music will stay on mp3 since its the most popular worldwide available format, and most of my stuff is very hard to find even in mp3,
so i use mp3 320kbps,
i can be without a trunk space but only if the difference is really 50% , because 50% is really big,
mosconi pico cost 250 euro dont know how much from this is marketing,
how much is components,,
mosconi pro and gladen zero cost way more but i will not use all of their functions like crossovers etcs... since i already have in my car stereo so its like hard choise, does someone compared in real world test mosconi pico vs mosconi pro or mosconi gladen class a/b series vs class d? ?
i listen to offline music in mp3 format only.

I wouldn't spend any more money until you understand a lot more about car audio, how different amplifiers work and what will work best for what you're trying to accomplish. No one has compared A/B vs D in real world tests because modern day Class D's the differences are almost negligible. The people running A/B do it because one of two things. Either they have ridiculously good hearing and can really tell the difference between the two or they have more money than sense to spend.

What this:

If you're not happy with what you have now I have a hard time believing A/B will help you alone without moving to higher power components. Then you have a domino effect - A/B amps require more power, need HO alternator possibly batteries to balance the system, higher power components to match those A/B amps like Focal or Hertz (~200RMS) and then finding a subwoofer that will be powerful enough to balance everything out.

There is never any one thing that is "best" you have to research and research and research some more until you find something that will meet the goals of whatever you 're trying to do.

But i can get class a/b/ amps which are 100w per channel since my speakers are rated at 80w,and i will also use my 2 farad capacitor as well which will help ?

But i can get class a/b/ amps which are 100w per channel since my speakers are rated at 80w,and i will also use my 2 farad capacitor as well which will help ?

The cap only acts as a load balancer (like a mini battery). If your amp is drawing more power than your alternator can produce the cap will only drag the system down even further, Caps only provide short bursts of energy when the electrical system needs it. It cannot maintain that balance if you're running A/B amps that are drawing more energy than your alternator is producing.

What exactly are you not happy with about the current setup? Not loud enough? Not clear enough? To high pitched? Explain exactly what you don't like about the current system in the car. Maybe that will help root cause your issue.

The cap only acts as a load balancer (like a mini battery). If your amp is drawing more power than your alternator can produce the cap will only drag the system down even further, Caps only provide short bursts of energy when the electrical system needs it. It cannot maintain that balance if you're running A/B amps that are drawing more energy than your alternator is producing.

What exactly are you not happy with about the current setup? Not loud enough? Not clear enough? To high pitched? Explain exactly what you don't like about the current system in the car. Maybe that will help root cause your issue.
In my current set up
music is loud yes , but quality is not there
i dont know how to explain that in english. loud music but without quality.
let me explain better its like listening to 5$ apple wiredheadphones - but instead of 5$ headphones ubought sennhaiser for 600 euro ..... but same audio quality.

In my current set up
music is loud yes , but quality is not there
i dont know how to explain that in english. loud music but without quality.
let me explain better its like listening to 5$ apple wiredheadphones - but instead of 5$ headphones ubought sennhaiser for 600 euro ..... but same audio quality.

I don't think the stuff you have is setup correctly and I don't know if we can be much help over here. You've got high quality products and you're unhappy with the way they sound. Sounds like a setup issue to me rather than product issue.

How about swapping Pico with mosconi as series ? Will i benefit with more quality like 40% more or it will be money in the air?

How about swapping Pico with mosconi as series ? Will i benefit with more quality like 40% more or it will be money in the air?

Everything else being equal, a properly powered Mosconi AS 100.4 should provide cleaner sound than 3 Pico's. I can't stress this enough though, this is all very subjective and difficult to "test" without a bunch of SQ/dB equipment.

If I were you I'd disconnect the Pico's entirely and run line levels out from your P99 to your speakers, reintroducing your passive crossovers. (Like a simple HU/component install with no external amps) - See if you like the sound of your speakers at that point. If you still don't like the sound then maybe its the speakers you don't like and not the amps.

I don't know your budget or if you're good with just throwing money at the problem but I'd rather figure what exactly it is about your current setup you don't like before throwing money at it.

People do you think if i go with , mosconi as series or with mosconi pro or gladen zero series... i will notice hear difference - since they are class a/b/ compared to my pico ?

Аs far as i know p99rs wont run speakers without amps even with cross overs only... but again i am not really sure.

I use to own class a/b/ amps but i sold them without using them i will tell you why,
because they consume too much space
and space at my car is at premium thats why i switched to more compact pico amps...
i was thinking that analogue amps are old ones before many years they use//d bulbs or something not digital things and they sound better, so it turns out analogue vs digital is only class ab vs class d ??
nothing else ?

In the end will i hear any difference,
like more dept or better louder speakers or something...
if i get some big class a/b/ amps i would need several..
depends how much benefits i will get if i receive 50-100% more sound quality why not, but if difference is lets say 10% i am not sure if its worth it..

also if i high level means listen to the maximum i dont listen my speakers or everything to the max i would say i listen at 70% at max.. never at 100%
so i am not sure if this will apply to me..

Right now my current speakers front and rear are 80w and my mosconi amps are rated at 2 channel each per 80w , so 160 w total so its fine by me..
i dont need more power because speakers can get damaged,
also i have 2 farad capacitor, since i dont have big 3 upgrade..

i read this page which u have given me and it claims " No possibility of crossover distortion. " i dont use cross overs my p99 have integrated crossovers so i use radio crossovers instead of separate/d boxes outside that radio so i am not really sure... again if this will benefit me if i go to class a amps.
you wont hear a damn thing if you do the tuning right on the 99prs and have plenty of headroom. The best you can hope for is a 2-5% sound quality increase depends on how crazy the filtering stage is like in zapco's highest dollar amps but that comes with massive real estate(size) costs. All this A/B talk is complete outdated bullsh*t, All the audiophile companies are starting to offer class D lines now which shows you the direction of where technology is going. You just have a lot of old dinosaurs stuck in their ways refusing to even look at whats been improved on the market nowadays. one of the legendary SQ competitors scott bulwada had a first place finisher with all class D amps beating out every snob that thought class AB was better. Its not the amp thats going to get you anything, its the install and tune along with quality of drivers. JL speakers **** for the money stay away, hybrid audio technologies if you want good all around, higher lines of morel if you want warmer sound. and focal if you want a brighter sound signature, I've heard some Gladen components that were really good as well and german maestro has some good engineering team behind them too. Best i've heard overall was scanspeak relevator lines which was in the world finalist car i've heard for the North America MECA SQ competition held in my area.

Now for your setup. Are you running active network mode? Whats your crossover points like? What part of the sound spectrum do you feel like you are missing? Link me a song on youtube and give me a particular time stamp and i'll let you know what frequency dip or peak is going on. Did you perfect your time alignment and correctly utilize the 31 band EQ tuned with a Real Time Analyzer (RTA) ? Did you utilize the Independent left and right aspects of the EQ to build soundstage depth, width and height? Is the sound stage perfectly centered? Are instruments perfectly seperated or is it a blob of noise? how are the tweeters mounted? on axis? off axis? Are the mids and tweets in phase?

all these things regarding install and tuning will give you 100%+ in increase in sound quality Not a stupid amp purchase that wont solve ANY of these issues. You cant throw money at a setup and hope it sounds good. You need to be educated on what the real process on how to build and tune a competition level sound quality car is.

i forgot to mention my current p99rs set up is ,
like that morel front mid,
high tweeters
and low rear speakers jl audio..

When i spoke to Steve Mantz of Zed audio few years ago at his shop, (had a amp there for repair) we go to talking about amps and i remember he telling me when i asked about class D amps, he just laugh and said how he was tired of everyone calling Class D a digital amp. he just said there was no such thing as a digital amp and the letter D was just the next letter in alphabet to classify this new technology. he said many brands like to use the word digital because it sells amps. Out of the mouth of the master.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.