My Kenwood is f'd up!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

allpro_yota

Toyota Roller
Hey guys,

My Kenwood Receiver is all messed up and i dont know what to do. When i turn my truck on, it turns on, but there is nothing on the faceplate, no text or anything. But there is sound. I cant touch any of the buttons on the faceplate, nothing works. only on the contoller. But only the presets and cd buttons. i cant change no volume or anything. I cant live too much longer without my stereo, please help me ASAP!!!

the only thing i can think of is that it could be the wireing between the faceplate and the unit itself...if its getting in its years that is a possibility.....o is it motorized or not..

yes it is motorized, but my neighbor has a power supply and turned the faceplate manually to see if there is any reset button behind the faceplate. there is one on the front of the faceplate, but that doesnt do anything.

thanks,

allpro

well if its motorized it is more likely the electronic strip....i dont no how to fix it, but id give it a wiggle to see if u can get some display....thats all i got.....

p.s. a friend of mine has a older kenwood and there is no display but all the keys r funtional.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.