my friend is in an amp bind

Marine0806
10+ year member

ok, we were hookin up my freinds jensen 400....... to a diamond cm3. The amp came on but no sound was goin to the sub. as far as i can see, everything is hooked up right, rca's , remote, and speaker wires. so we took the jensen...... off the sub and put my old school RF 150 on the sub, but when we hooked it up, it blew to the ****, leaving a nice smoldering smell behind, i was highly pissed, it was a mean amp. i have no idea why it did what it did with either amp , if anyone could give me some input, it would be greatly apprieciated

Wow you are A-smart.
Anyway, sounds to me like to reversed the subs polarity without turning it around.
keep it up and u'll be on my **** list..

that consists of being **** on everyday for 3 hours for up to 10 years

reason why i said that was b/c he didn't clearly state whether it was the sub that blew or the amp that got messed up.. he just said there was a bad smell after the rf amp got hooked up - sooooooo that could mean 2 things - amps scarred up or sub is.

Reversing the polarity without reversing the sub would NOT blow it. It would just push the sub in instead of pushing it out. I've done it before on my sub by doing the phase reverse on my amp.

Absolutely nothing happened to my amp or sub. The voice coil is probably toasted and when you tried sending current to it, it just resisted and toasted the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.