My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

Yeah that's pretty harsh on a vehicle. Either way you'd be better off with a 2wd as the primary dl car. Pretty cool to be able to drive around all day enjoying your system isn't it
Very much so. The Jeep is rated at 17/21mpg, so the 29/39mpg is very much welcome... plus the Jeep has a 23 gallon gas tank, the 200sx is just over 13 gallons.

Very much so. The Jeep is rated at 17/21mpg, so the 29/39mpg is very much welcome... plus the Jeep has a 23 gallon gas tank, the 200sx is just over 13 gallons.
I seen what you have already. Good idea to go a little light. I had 2 15s in a prior truck right behind the front seats. It was fun and all but after about 6 8 hours of it it wasn't as fun as it was earlier in the day. Couple of 10s on about half the power much better for all day listening.

Gas for that jeep eating profits! damn it. Well I'm sure you'll find something soon if Nissan doesn't work out.

UPDATE!!!

It's a go!!! The co-worker I spoke about, with the Pontiac G6 GT, out of the blue told me today that he can sell me the car soon if I still want it. Ummmm yeah, duh!! Soon I will have my platform to build my stereo in. 2008 G6 GT Coupe. Black leather interior. It has MINOR exterior cosmetic damage but other than that, it's in great shape with remote start. So I am thinking.... my 3sixty.3, Scanspeak mids and highs, my US Acoustics amps, a second battery, and perhaps a Dayton sub.... I am getting excited now lol.

Here is a pic of the actual car.

G6-GT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a better look at the car today. I am happy to say it has the door panels with 3 speaker locations in each door which means I can mount the tweeters close to the mid-woofer.

The door panel pic is just for illustration, they are all black in the car I am getting.

The car pic is the actual car... purdy ain't it?

door-panel.jpg

My-Car.jpg

I got a better look at the car today. I am happy to say it has the door panels with 3 speaker locations in each door which means I can mount the tweeters close to the mid-woofer.

The door panel pic is just for illustration, they are all black in the car I am getting.

View attachment 1247

View attachment 1248
dude congratz~ that's a sweet ride. Those are hard to come by nowadays. I bet you're gonna have hella fun in that. one suggestion.. have you thought of maybe going 3 way active? It's already made for it and it'll be better for imaging if your tweeter is up top. You already have a full blown dsp, might as well take advantage of the extra 2 channels. It'll be so much more worth the effort IMO. 

dude congratz~ that's a sweet ride. Those are hard to come by nowadays. I bet you're gonna have hella fun in that. one suggestion.. have you thought of maybe going 3 way active? It's already made for it and it'll be better for imaging if your tweeter is up top. You already have a full blown dsp, might as well take advantage of the extra 2 channels. It'll be so much more worth the effort IMO. 
Thanks... I thought about the 3 way active real hard, I mean real hard. What I am going to do is as soon as the car is able to be worked on I am going to remove the door panel and do some measuring of ALL three locations, just in case. Once I am able to see the angle of the factory tweeter location I can better make up my mind. If I go 3 way active, I will need another amp. I am not sure I want to run 3 amplifiers though. I don't want to modify anything visible to mount the speakers because I want a stealth system. Most likely I will go 2 way active with the tweeter near the woofer. 3 way is by no means out of the picture. The rear deck speakers are coming out and the holes will be left as pass through holes for the pressure waves from the sub. Since the car is maroon in color I will be using my red and black 12awg speaker wires when I run the wires to the doors. I know... overkill right lol. That leaves me with 100ft of blue and black 12awg speaker wire... I guess I can use that on my sisters new Jeep.

It is very possible that what is in the doors are these pods:

25888031.jpg

25888031-2.jpg

Yeah that's pretty harsh on a vehicle. Either way you'd be better off with a 2wd as the primary dl car. Pretty cool to be able to drive around all day enjoying your system isn't it
Not for a 100%  electric like my Nissan Leaf!

Stop and Go is best, because of regenerative braking! ;-)

John  Kuthe...

Ok, this is 85% set in stone. Factory G6 head unit into the 3Sixty.3 to the pair of US Acoustics amps. From the 4 channel it will go active to the ScanSpeak Illuminator Tweeters (4ohm) and the ScanSpeak Revelator 7" woofers (4ohm). From the Sub amp actively to the Dayton Audio Ultimax 10" subwoofer (1ohm). I may do a 3 way active up front and use my near mint RF Punch 250a2 on the tweeters. This amp would be hidden if I go this route. There will be a small AGM battery in the trunk along with an amp rack, sub box and other misc. items.

Thoughts?

The-G6-System.jpg

Car audio research is exhausting! Ok so upon researching ways to keep all of the G6's DIC (Drivers Information Center) functions with an aftermarket HU, I kept hitting walls but I found that PAC Audio had developed what is needed to achieve this. I wanted to use the Maestro RR as the head units I have selected integrate with it to display the cars information on their screens... but the Pontiac G6 is not listed as compatible.

The PAC Audio kit --> Part Number: RPK4-GM2301 fits '04 - '08 Malibu's and the '05 - '08 Pontiac G6 - all trim levels. I won't be able to view the information on the head units screen but the kit does come with a remote mount module with its own display. So that's fine... this can be hidden and the kit allows a double DIN HU to be installed in the dash. So, problem solved there.

That brings my above pic to 90% set in stone by removing the stock HU and adding to the list the Kenwood eXcelon DMX905S!! There should be NO reason I can't have top quality sound in this car. Because I will be going with the Dayton Ultimax sub I have decided to to a ported enclosure so the face of the sub is fully visible as it is a nice looking subwoofer. When the trunk is opened I want to be able to display the US Acoustics amps, the 3Sixty.3 and the subwoofer.

I am being a little bit anal about things... picking the color of the wires, how the amps will be mounted and displayed, the type of RCA cables (KnuKoncepts Krystal RCA's) because they match the color of the US Acoustics amps well and they are good quality connectors, carpet for the enclosure and amp racks, the color and type of fasteners for the subwoofer... the list goes on. At least I was able to find a kit for the radio.

My co-worker confirmed that the G6 has the Monsoon stereo in it so the speakers are for sure in the speaker pod pics I posted.

So $199 for the PAC dash kit, $499 - $699 for the eXcelon DD HU. Either the 905S or the 7705S, both are Digital Media Receivers, both play HiRes audio including DSD.

I spoke with my old co-worker before I went to work today. We discussed purchasing the G6 and we worked all the details out. He said I could move it to my house whenever I want so I can start working on it... You know what that means!!!!! The start of the build is very close!!!

View attachment 1247
You've been given the most wonderful gift of a factory 3-way.

Please use it. You have the processing already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...