My first higher quality build

Participant count
  • Participants list

Smurfy76

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
So some of you may have read before with my wiring questions. If not I'll catch you up.

Here is what I am putting in my 96 Honda Civic coupe.

Rockford fosgate p200.2
12 inch kicker in a ported box
teramps ds440x4
4 audiopipe 6 inch midrange speakers
2 power acoustik nb-4 tweeters
Clarion eqs755 equalizer

So day 1 : wiring day
I had the pleasure of running all new speaker wire, power ground rca and all the other good stuff. Power and rca was pretty easy but speaker wire while leaving factory in there is a nightmare.

Day 2. Mounting time
So after deciding on where to mount the amp and I know this isn't the pro way but I fastened a board on the back of the seat and mounted both amps, the relay and both distribution blocks on to it and wired it all up. I also had to cut both 6x9 adapters as the speaker we're not fitting through the hole. A little tip using a grinder works wonders there. So far back speakers are mounted and all wiring is done

Day 3: Eq time equals fun time.

So this took some planning. Trying to fine somewhere to put this is the tricky part. So if you have ever seen a civic you will know you don't have much room and I thought of deleting the head unit but it's easier to have it than lose it in the long run. So trying different spots I noticed the little cubby hole in the console I usually keep my cellphone in. Would it be so easy as just slide it in and call it a day? Of course not. So time to dismantle the center console. Luckily the cubby hole is a separate piece and couple screws later and out it came.so I slid the eq in and screwed it down and now I just need to get some plastic strips for the top and bottom to get rid of the gap.

Day 4: time to jam the doors.

So I'm at the home stretch and I'm thinking today I will be done. My car has been out of commission because I have it dismantled and don't feel like putting it together to just take it apart again. So today is the day. First door I was hoping that with the spacers it should just pop right on. Yeah that wasn't going to happen. Time to whip out the jigsaw and start cutting. After trimming the door down and the speaker fitting in the door panel I'm ready to just slap it together and and call it a day. Than reality struck. I bought 4 spacers that are 1/2 inch each. After trying two of them I still had a gap since the speaker was hitting the car door. But luckily 3 worked but since I only had 4 time to hit up amazon to order another pair. Luckily they have one day shipping so maybe tommorow will be the finish day.

Day 5: To be continued.....

Once it is all done and I clean my car out of tools wires and other misc. crap I will post some pics of the completed work. Mainly the front as the back speakers are hidden by the back panel. I plan on future tweaking the mounting of the amps and a more detailed hiding of the wires.plans are in the works of doing a custom trunk with a friend that does carpentry. But for now it will stay a little while.

Last edited:
To be continued.....
Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything is coming together quite nicely. I love how in older cars you just pop/screw off beauty trim, and all underneath unscrews individually. About a month ago, I fixed the 3.5mm aux input in my sister's '08 Malibu. I had to dismantle the center console to take the radio out. Since I had it out, I detailed it and ran rcas with a cheap loc under the console carpet, you know, just in case.

Just a update. I'm dealing with amazon as they sent me a dead amp so still have it taken apart simple because till I hear it up I don't want to put it back together so more to come.

So finally after all this I have the amp tommorow and I can get this all back up. Word of advice if you ever buy from Amazon make sure it says fulfilled by Amazon or you will have a headache in replacing it.

The final day. After spending several days trying to get the equalizer going it is finally up and running. It is loud I will give it that. Not competition loud but piss off my neighbors loud. So all that is left is to hide my wiring and screw the console back and clean out my car of the mess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.