My car missfire when the bass hits..need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

bezark

CarAudio.com Newbie
norway
hey there audio guys/girls out there, i have a little problem with my sound system when i drive my car and turn up the bass my car jumps evertime my bass hits... so what i am asking, is it my battery that cant give juice to my amplifier so my engine dont get enough power to run smoothly? and will it help with a capasitor to help my electrival system to keep the power? thanks for all your help.. and keep bassing..

hey there audio guys/girls out there, i have a little problem with my sound system when i drive my car and turn up the bass my car jumps evertime my bass hits... so what i am asking, is it my battery that cant give juice to my amplifier so my engine dont get enough power to run smoothly? and will it help with a capasitor to help my electrival system to keep the power? thanks for all your help.. and keep bassing..
What does your system consist of ? My Jeep that use to play in the 150s daily when I had my music really cranked up it would go dead and I'd have to coast to the side of the road to re crank it ...it was a low mileage jeep probably around 12 000 at the time ...and it had plenty of battery backup ...I never replaced the alternator to a HO but I figured the JK come with a fairly HO alt for accessories...I finally got rid of that vehicle around 18 ,000 miles .

What does your system consist of ? My Jeep that use to play in the 150s daily when I had my music really cranked up it would go dead and I'd have to coast to the side of the road to re crank it ...it was a low mileage jeep probably around 12 000 at the time ...and it had plenty of battery backup ...I never replaced the alternator to a HO but I figured the JK come with a fairly HO alt for accessories...I finally got rid of that vehicle around 18 ,000 miles .
Hey there i just have a small amplifier on 1500.1w and a subbwoofer 2. 12s on 1000w each my system is rated for 925w in 2ohms but i have managed to tune it to 1200w in 2ohms...i have a stock altenator and a aftermarket battery i checked the voltage today on a multimeter and it was on 14v to 12.99v on hard bass. i dident even have on my headlights on that time eather, and it wasent even driven it if i take a long trip and turn the bass up it start to jump forward when the bass hits...when i felt it i took a test on the multimeter to see if the power was low and it was all the way down in 11.2v when i had driven my car for a little trip.. do you think that my altenator cant keep up with the power draw when i am driving my car? thanks for reply

Last edited:
Hey there i just have a small amplifier on 1500.1w and a subbwoofer 2. 12s on 1000w each my system is rated for 925w in 2ohms but i have managed to tune it to 1200w in 2ohms...i have a stock altenator and a aftermarket battery i checked the voltage today on a multimeter and it was on 14v to 12.99v on hard bass. i dident even have on my headlights on that time eather, and it wasent even driven it if i take a long trip and turn the bass up it start to jump forward when the bass hits...when i felt it i took a test on the multimeter to see if the power was low and it was all the way down in 11.2v when i had driven my car for a little trip.. do you think that my altenator cant keep up with the power draw when i am driving my car? thanks for reply
Most likely a weak and starving ground on the amp pulling the ground off the cars CPU making it misfire .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.