My audiobahn amp died....

88k5blazer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys my AudiobahnA8000T went to shits after only a few months of use so now i need a new amp to power 2 type r 12's. I need an amp that will put out 600-800 TRUE watts rms cuz my audiobahn that blew i dont think put out 800 watts. Im thinking about goin with a jbl 600.1. Any one have any suggestions on a new amp? Oh and by the way i need 600-800 watts rms at a 2ohm load and i am looking to spend around 200 and no more than 250. Thanx alot.

Oh and by the way i dont need a ssf cuz they r in a sealed box

I have no idea, i wasnt really playin my subs loud but i did have it going for about an hour and a half and the amp just stopped working. It worked perfectly for a few months....... Thought something came loose or something but couldnt find ne thing so i took it to my uncle that works at a stereo place and he told me all these big words i couldnt understand. But yea it dont work

you could probably get away with a hifonics bx1000d as well. The R's can handle a bit of power from what i hear.

Scratch that...you said you need a 2 ohm load. A jbl 1200.1 would be nice too, just go easy on the gain.

some guys at circuit city was telling me he hit 147 with two type R 10s. Not sure if he is for real or just trying to close a sale.
Dunno about 147 but I do remember one 10" Type R hitting 139.x so it might be possible, if the install was perfect. As for the amp for the subs a JBL 1200.1 would be great for them. I've seen them take up to 750WRMS and heard about people hitting them with 1000WRMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.