my amplifier stopped working

Participant count
  • Participant list

bulldozer00

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello everyone, I recently installed a used amplifier in my car, so it is not new. Of course, I put the power cables on one side, and the speaker cables and RCA cables on the other side. I put the ground wire under the bracket from the rear bench of the vehicle, and sanded it well, at first everything worked perfectly, and I had no problems with signal interruption. After 5 - 6 days, once while driving, I noticed that the speakers suddenly stopped for a moment and then started working again, I was testing the bass, so I thought it was because of that and just kept going, the second day when I was driving, the speakers were just stopped working, when I start the car or the head unit, I hear only crackling sound at the beginning and then nothing. At first, I thought of the fuses because the contacts on them were bad, I went to grind them and put the fuses back and it worked. The next morning, I start the car and the same thing again, there is a crackling noise at the start. I can't solve this problem at all. By the way, I put in new fuses, checked the ground wire, and sanded that part again, but nothing. I watched some tutorials on youtube and even measured some parameters with a multimeter and everything seemed to be fine. The only thing I haven't tried out of everything is to change the position of the ground wire, I'm not sure that could be the problem, what do you think?
(I checked the speakers on another source, and they are working normally)

I just listed my general troubleshooting steps, some you've already done.

Start with a DMM and make sure it getting power, (then turn the ignition on, and make sure the remote wire is also providing power). if so, check the fuses on the amplifier if it has one to make sure it's not blown (also with a dmm if it's not clearly blown). if you have power everywhere and the fuse is not blown start checking your RCA's to make sure it's feeding the amplifier. I like to trouble shoot this with a simple headphone to rca cable and just plug it into my phone/mp3 player. If you do that and it still has no sound, check the outputs on the amplifier for AC voltage with your DMM when playing a test tone. No output ac voltage, hopefully it's under warranty.

Harbor Freight has their $5 dollar dmm which will do all the above.

If you need a new amp, here’s one very reasonably priced:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...