My 18 for your 12, maybe 10 inch sub

macsdad
10+ year member

boom-boom
It pains me to no end to be doing this, but this mkll 18 will not work in my new car. I am looking for either a 12 inch sundown x12 v2 d2, or maybe a ssa xcon also 12 inch and d2. Will also consider a 10 inch version of these subs.

I have a pair of first gen se12. They can be converted into sx but I'm not looking for trades except maybe some good deadening mat.
I was not aware that you could do that. I thought that the sx subs had wider gaps due to the 8 layer voice coils. I have a set of the se 10s already, looking for more power handling though.

I was not aware that you could do that. I thought that the sx subs had wider gaps due to the 8 layer voice coils. I have a set of the se 10s already, looking for more power handling though.
I was told they were the same except sx have flatwound coils. That may be wrong. Never had one to compare.

I was told they were the same except sx have flatwound coils. That may be wrong. Never had one to compare.
The motors on the sx subs are wider, se 6 inches wide, while the sx is around 6.5 or maybe a little wider, don't think that they had flat wound coils though.

The motors on the sx subs are wider, se 6 inches wide, while the sx is around 6.5 or maybe a little wider, don't think that they had flat wound coils though.
Thanks for the infos. Sorry for wasting your time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...