mustang suspension help

Participant count
  • Participants list

jordon

CarAudio.com Elite
I planning on walling my mustang with 4 xfl 12s and throw a few batteries in the back. My only concern is I don't see helper bags or spring for mustang to support the weight. Is there anything that make that would help my car support the weight of the batteries, wall, and subs? BTW it is a 2015 v6.

what rear suspension do they have? iirc its a rear axle or id hope so for a "sports car"

if its independent suspension youll have a hardertime

yes it does have a independent rear suspension.
with coilovers or coils? might have to get different coils. not really sure how/if airbags would help load on that type of suspension

id expect it to be expensive though

Either go with coilovers or have coil spring specialties build you some custom springs.
I have helper bags on my car. Work amazingly and only $80
coilovers are very pricey. I was hoping to find some helper bags for my car or helper springs but no luck I didn't see any for any model mustang.

So do you guys think my stock suspension could support 400 -500 extra pounds in weight with out casing harm to my transmission and etc? Wall would be where the back seat seat was. Then 3-4 extra batteries in the trunk with a 5k and small 4 channel.

So do you guys think my stock suspension could support 400 -500 extra pounds in weight with out casing harm to my transmission and etc? Wall would be where the back seat seat was. Then 3-4 extra batteries in the trunk with a 5k and small 4 channel.
Nope. You gotta do something with it. You're dropping $1,000+ on audio, you're gonna have to spend some to carry the weight too.

Coil overs are 1500+
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Ive got 300$ in deadening alone. 100$ in fiberglass. Around a grand in electrical when its all said and done and 2g's in amps/speakers. Sooo...if I needed suspension, id jump on it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ive got 300$ in deadening alone. 100$ in fiberglass. Around a grand in electrical when its all said and done and 2g's in amps/speakers. Sooo...if I needed suspension, id jump on it
I have 500 in amp 450 in sub's grand in electrical and 300 on front stage. And I still need to build the box. But I have to delay the wall. I figured they made helper springs and helper bags. What I get for not doing research before I bought stuff.

I have 500 in amp 450 in sub's grand in electrical and 300 on front stage. And I still need to build the box. But I have to delay the wall. I figured they made helper springs and helper bags. What I get for not doing research before I bought stuff.
Have you considered an alarm [emoji14]. Getting airbags on that car would be pretty dope though

Have you considered an alarm [emoji14]
My car has an factory already if there going to steal it then a different alarm won't make a differences. But I will have everything mounted where it will not be easy to steal. And I also live in the barracks and someone is always outside so I'm worried about it getting stolen in the middle of the night.

My car has an factory already if there going to steal it then a different alarm won't make a differences. But I will have everything mounted where it will not be easy to steal. And I also live in the barracks and someone is always outside so I'm worried about it getting stolen in the middle of the night.
Oh gotcha. Might be worth installing a kill switch to the fuel pump or piezo tweeters in thr headliners on a external circuit. I dont trust factory alarms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.