Multi-layered Physical Security

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
I installed an top-rated 2-way paging alarm along with additional sensors right along with my stereo equipment, while the 2-way paging alarm has given me peace of mind by already thwarting an attempted break-in it also convinced me i need more protection.

I have been wanting to install a device to prevent the doors from being opened such as those Slick Locks, Shackleless Hasps, Slam Locks, Dead Bolts or even Electromagnetic Dead Bolts but the price kept me away, anyways i put together a list of potential cures for your particular security concerns, the Key-Rex security fastener is very unobtrusive and simple device that could simply be screwed through a door into a nut fastened to the vehicle body or chassis, have to unscrew the bolt to open the door and if you can't unscrew the bolt, oh well..

None of these options will prevent someone from smashing a window and climbing in but there's not too many people that will risk climbing into a vehicle knowing that the doors won't open, especially a truck or a van and with the alarm blazing it makes it even less inviting.

When a thief see's that you've taken bold steps towards securing your vehicle he will move on to the next..

Slick Lock for Ford E and Chevy G Series Vans $70/each, great price

Slick Locks Hasp Lock Systems - Drill Free Vehicle Security

The Blade by Slick Locks Ford Full Size Econoline Van

Babaco Stealth Lock for Ford E Series, probably the best security system available but requires installation at their New Jersey location

Stealth Lock for Ford Vans, Service Van Locks

Key-Rex and Penta Plus Security Fasteners, a very simple and effective solution

http://www.brycefastener.com/?gclid=CK2o2_H9_r4CFQIIaQodUEsArw

Built-in Keyed Lock $13

Products - Built-In Keyed Locks - 1710 - Master Lock®

Shackled Hasp $10, could be used on most any vehicle door and/or tailgate

Products - Hasps and Hasplocks - 731 - Master Lock®

Hasp with Puck Lock $40, best price you will find anywhere

SGM Enterprises LLC :: View All Products :: Hasp with Puck Lock

Electromagnetic Dead-Bolt, the possibilities are endless but since it requires a power source to operate these are the last option..

https://www.google.com/search?q=electromagnetic+bolt&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=DoGeU4i_H8WYyASlv4DIDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1360&bih=600&dpr=1

Don't forget to secure the hood and prevent it from being opened..

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.