Muddy sound and extra noise from subwoofer

J Wikoff

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 4ohm DVC 10" sub being run by a Pioneer GM-D8500M amp.

Recently, it's been intermittently muddled and cutting out.

Troubleshooting I've done:
Wiggled all the power, ground, signal connections, no change

Pulled sub from enclosure, connections are good.

Put sub on different amp on shelf system in my house, works fine.

Attached different sub to Pioneer amp: same issues.

Removed signal lines from amp, staticy noise persisted.

Connected different amp to same original power, ground, and signal lines and the sound went away.

Would an internal amp issue create a static-esque noise, or is there anything else it could be that I haven't eliminated already?

I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 4ohm DVC 10" sub being run by a Pioneer GM-D8500M amp.

Recently, it's been intermittently muddled and cutting out.

Troubleshooting I've done:
Wiggled all the power, ground, signal connections, no change

Pulled sub from enclosure, connections are good.

Put sub on different amp on shelf system in my house, works fine.

Attached different sub to Pioneer amp: same issues.

Removed signal lines from amp, staticy noise persisted.

Connected different amp to same original power, ground, and signal lines and the sound went away.

Would an internal amp issue create a static-esque noise, or is there anything else it could be that I haven't eliminated already?
I recently had the same problem. My issue was that the wiring to remote bass knob had gotten pinched between trim in the console. Obvious drops in volume, sounded like sub was under water at times. Worth a shot

I had a similar issue with an amp a long time ago
I think it was a Kenwood but Its was 15-20 years ago so.
It turned out the soldering that held the RCA connectors to the amp board had come loose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.