More Rattle Than Bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

angelo641

Ohio
I have a sundown sa-12 in a 2ft 35hz ported custom built box powered by a 1200w hifonics Zeus amp. Inside a 2000 Grand am. Lately I have been hearing the rear deck of the car, and platsics, Rattle more than I can hear the bass. The bass just doesn't fill the car like it used too. Usually it's like that in the cold weather so I always warm the car up so the rubber surround is less stiff, but nothing seems to be working. The sub moves fine doesn't seem blown, there's always been kind of a paper rattle sound when I turn up the volume, but Its not something you hear unless your right next to the sub. Could there be something wrong with the box? Or Sub? Maybe amp? There's no sound dampining material in the trunk or doors. Any help would be apreatiated. Thanks!

I have a sundown sa-12 in a 2ft 35hz ported custom built box powered by a 1200w hifonics Zeus amp. Inside a 2000 Grand am. Lately I have been hearing the rear deck of the car, and platsics, Rattle more than I can hear the bass. The bass just doesn't fill the car like it used too. Usually it's like that in the cold weather so I always warm the car up so the rubber surround is less stiff, but nothing seems to be working. The sub moves fine doesn't seem blown, there's always been kind of a paper rattle sound when I turn up the volume, but Its not something you hear unless your right next to the sub. Could there be something wrong with the box? Or Sub? Maybe amp? There's no sound dampining material in the trunk or doors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Eh, sound deadener on the back deck is a waste of money imo. Your plastic is rattling against other panel/the metal of the back deck. Just pull off the back deck, spray with spray on adhesive and put pillow stuffing in a light coat all over it, then put it all back together. Your essentially creating a soft quiet barrier between plastic and metal.

Check that your box isn't developing leaks and verify the sub is sealed tight to the box... that is if you've lost overall output. Others have answered how to reduce rattling trim pieces.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.