Modding HK4000 amplifiers - Visonik & MA Audio

This thread is from 2008. The guys who were answering questions on these amplifiers have not been on this forum in years. Db-r has not logged in here since 2016 and the others have been even longer.
I remember these amplifiers from back in the day. They would make power but with horrible efficiency and bad reliability. The electrical upgrades to run one of those would be enough for you to run a modern 6k easily and probably even a 8k.

This thread is from 2008. The guys who were answering questions on these amplifiers have not been on this forum in years. Db-r has not logged in here since 2016 and the others have been even longer.
I remember these amplifiers from back in the day. They would make power but with horrible efficiency and bad reliability. The electrical upgrades to run one of those would be enough for you to run a modern 6k easily and probably even a 8k.
Yes I can see that never looked at the date until I had already sent it still trying to figure out these other components that are missing if you know anyone that might can you please reach out to them and help me figure this out it's the output channel I believe there in pairs of some type of transistor last I was told was irfp240 and Irfp9240 thanks for your help and reply considering the thread age thebestyet218

I am not trying to put your stuff down, but I wouldn’t waste my time on it. Even when they were new, they were known for blowing randomly or catching on fire. Even when they weren’t modded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...