might try a fourth order for my escape instead. any ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ktraughb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i had another post on what enclosures work best in escapes. i may try and go another route as well. not sure how good of an idea it is with the power ill be putting to this single 15. the dimensions im working with are 18 high (potentially higher), 26 wide, 26 deep. theres certainly plenty of room to do a fourth order. i know that specs great depend on t/s, and ive got those but not on me at this time. i can tell you the fs is 34, and i intend to mostly use this enclosure for spl. if it sounds ok for daily, ill be happy with it. my main goal is a high score this year. the power ill be using will be close to 4600 watts from my two xsite xad2k amps strapped at 1 ohm. thanks in advance for any help. its been a long time since i built a fourth order, and it was pretty straight forward.

4th order boxes are the best for sound quaility not spl they would be a very good daily box

they are also ment to make uder or low powerd subs sound good why do u think cheap 10s are put in 4th oder boxes/bandpass

just my opinion go with a traditonal ported box

ps 4th order boxes are ment to go from around 30-80 just my opinion dont be mean to me guys

if your going for spl i would go with a tradional ported

u can do a bandpass with those measurements...1.45 cubes sealed playing into 3.5 cubes ported(after sub and port displacement) with a 16.5high x 3.5wide (57.75 squareinches) of port 10inches long and ur good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.