Midrange or Midbass? Or, Both?

No the midrange. Leave the whole giant door cavity for midbass

I think that I can just build a 3" deep pod for the tweet, midrange, and midbass. Then, I'll just cut the door panel out behind behind the magnet of the midbass, giving it access to the door cavity air space. Hopefully, that will be problem solved. Will that work?

Sounds good.

Jeff, I'm trying to understand this Dayton DSP before my install. The DSP will recieve two sets of RCA's from the head unit. Then, those four RCA's get converted into 8 channels of operation. So, four of the output RCA's will go to my four channel amp and control four speakers. Two more output RCA's will go to my two channel amp and control two more speakers. And, finally, the last two output RCA's will go to my mono amp and control the subwoofer. Is that how it works? A little over my skis with this thing.

Jeff, I'm trying to understand this Dayton DSP before my install. The DSP will recieve two sets of RCA's from the head unit. Then, those four RCA's get converted into 8 channels of operation. So, four of the output RCA's will go to my four channel amp and control four speakers. Two more output RCA's will go to my two channel amp and control two more speakers. And, finally, the last two output RCA's will go to my mono amp and control the subwoofer. Is that how it works? A little over my skis with this thing.
Nope it sums up the signal to left and right stereo and all 8 of your channels get that left and right stereo depending on your input level selection in the input menu of the app. You can assign any channel to do anything you want.

Nope it sums up the signal to left and right stereo and all 8 of your channels get that left and right stereo depending on your input level selection in the input menu of the app. You can assign any channel to do anything you want.

So, all 8 output channels will receive a full range signal? Then, through the DSP, the frequency range signal will be selected for each individual speaker? If that is the case, how do you set the crossovers and gains on your amps? I can't believe how complicated this concept is for me to understand. I hope the installer has a better understanding than me.

So, all 8 output channels will receive a full range signal? Then, through the DSP, the frequency range signal will be selected for each individual speaker? If that is the case, how do you set the crossovers and gains on your amps? I can't believe how complicated this concept is for me to understand. I hope the installer has a better understanding than me.

its a full range left and right stereo signal at the start, you can apply crossovers, gains, level adjustment, time alignment, EQ afterwards. Have you even downloaded the app and played around like ive been asking you countless times?

its a full range left and right stereo signal at the start, you can apply crossovers, gains, level adjustment, time alignment, EQ afterwards. Have you even downloaded the app and played around like ive been asking you countless times?

Sorry, I thought I had to have it installed first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.