Mechan-Less HU

Participant count
  • Participants list
How good are the Alpine UTE-62 Mechanic-less head units?  are they good sound quality compared to CD-players with the same specs..3-way-xover, parametric EQ,thinking about getting one
4 volt pre-out but only 9 bands of eq. itll sound decent, but the offerings from JVC and Pioneer would be more tunable for the price range

How good are the Alpine UTE-62 Mechanic-less head units?  are they good sound quality compared to CD-players with the same specs..3-way-xover, parametric EQ,thinking about getting one
Sound quality is pretty good. I like it better than my Kenwood. Probably depends on what you're used to if you've had a different brand for a long time you may prefer how x brand sounds over alpine. Parametric eq. Vs a standard eq there's a difference. I prefer my 9 band parametric over my 13 band personally I wouldn't say it's  less tunable. You can go to whatever frequency you're trying to adjust and adjust the width but you can only do that 9 x. Idk I'm no expert but I like parametric eqs.

I thought you would've know being the fact he was asking about alpine 
ive always been a big fan of alpines parametric eqs. i was selling them back in the cda-7998 era and the 5 band para eq on that thing was sweet, especially for the time. Its also very nice to see that they havent suffered the same fate as many other, once prominent brands

Idk what  they're doing getting away from 3 way crossovers looks like to me. A lot of their single din only have a 3 band parametric eq.and no 3 way. 

Op it's pretty much the same radio as the 163/164 without the cd player. I've got a 163 I was using in my truck and swapped it out with the 62. It's exactly the same other then slightly different cosmetics. Imo it has a better sq then the dd Kenwood I use in my other truck. The compression restore is better in the alpine too. Seems to do a better job in helping Pandora /Sirius/ Amazon etc. sound better. I think it's a good unit in that price range anyway 

Idk what  they're doing getting away from 3 way crossovers looks like to me. A lot of their single din only have a 3 band parametric eq.and no 3 way. 

Op it's pretty much the same radio as the 163/164 without the cd player. I've got a 163 I was using in my truck and swapped it out with the 62. It's exactly the same other then slightly different cosmetics. Imo it has a better sq then the dd Kenwood I use in my other truck. The compression restore is better in the alpine too. Seems to do a better job in helping Pandora /Sirius/ Amazon etc. sound better. I think it's a good unit in that price range anyway 
it would be a hard sell to say anything disparaging about this deck at this price

Yes I noticed that too,Alpine has been downgrading their Parametric eq and it is hit as miss on  some HUs..for instance i love the look of the 149BT hu and it doen`t have the 3-way x-over,but it has  the 9-Band parametric EQ....whish they stop playing games, why not give people what they want Damn it!...Now do you have the 62 UTE-BT or the 162 Head Unit?

Ok i just looked at your signature and see the 62ute Head Unit....my bad... question does it sound just as good as my CDA-9815 HU I currently have I know it has 4 more EQ bands and no CD-Mechancism Transport...what are the limitations of the 62-ute-bt?

Ok i just looked at your signature and see the 62ute Head Unit....my bad... question does it sound just as good as my CDA-9815 HU I currently have I know it has 4 more EQ bands and no CD-Mechancism Transport...what are the limitations of the 62-ute-bt?
I've already dug my way out of your vortex 

Just Google it figure it out for yourself 

Limitations as far as what? Are you trying to run active 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.