Meade's new enclosure

Well there are quite a few people with daily drivers that have systems with subs and sometimes that room in the trunk is needed. To be able to remove your sub box at a moment's notice without disconnecting anything or interrupting your set up just removing the box, being able to have the piece of mind knowing your box is in a fixed position and not sliding around but still being able to make use of that space is very convenient. Convenience is something we lose at times with subs in the trunk. I would still probably mount my amps across the backseat or sidewall somewhere. Also to about the stealing comment. That maybe true but Im sure no matter what you have in the trunk if they can get it open then it's gone! Mounted or not. It's where there's a will there's way when it comes to that. Oh and I'm not Dick riding just speaking on the idea. I noticed a flaw in the design but the idea of using the magnets dually as quick connect/quick release for mounting and speaker connection is dope. The flaw I noticed is the possible rattle that could come from that amp rack and the sub box hitting one another being sat close together like that which is why I would mount my Amps

all you need to do is have a crossbrace thats bolted down to your car and have irregular patterned security screws(yes it costs more but I ALWAYS suggest people getting security screws) holding your box, amps and subs down to the brace. That and your subs actually being 90+lbs per sub would make it pretty difficult for most thieves. As for the convenience... bruh just disconnect the speaker wire from the amp and pull the box out. literally takes less than 5 mins taking out all the security screws and amp bolts and if you complain about the box being heavy, you just need to hit the gym more.

all you need to do is have a crossbrace thats bolted down to your car and have irregular patterned security screws(yes it costs more but I ALWAYS suggest people getting security screws) holding your box, amps and subs down to the brace. That and your subs actually being 90+lbs per sub would make it pretty difficult for most thieves. As for the convenience... bruh just disconnect the speaker wire from the amp and pull the box out. literally takes less than 5 mins taking out all the security screws and amp bolts and if you complain about the box being heavy, you just need to hit the gym more.
First of all Jeffdachef leave my physical strength out of this lmaol 😅. But seriously though I didn't know about security screws and your idea seems just as good. It was just my 1st time seeing a wireless quick connect/ release setup for sub box and connections.

where you get churr security screws these days? parts express hasn't had any in about a year they used to have the best prices.

where you get churr security screws these days? parts express hasn't had any in about a year they used to have the best prices.
amazon has some, grainger as well.

I like the button head torx/allens or the snake eyes screws. I've left my car open in a dangerous neighborhood once by accident, they went through all my **** but they couldn't steal anything lmao..

amazon has some, grainger as well.

I like the button head torx/allens or the snake eyes screws. I've left my car open in a dangerous neighborhood once by accident, they went through all my **** but they couldn't steal anything lmao..
I'm glad you have to unscrew the molding in my trunk to get my box out. Maybe I should replace my molding screws with some of those. Hmmmm. Jeffdachef you did it again bastard!!!! Got me going to spend more money. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.