MD3000.1 Is the Real Deal

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
I had my Taramps MD3000.1 hooked up today. It is running a American Bass HD15D2. I promise you that the gain is only 1/4 to 1/3 turned up and the bass is ridiculous. I only have a 95 amp alternator and two H6 AGM batteries and big three. My voltage stays consistently netween 13.0 and 13.7 while driving. This amp is very impressive. Rated at 3,000 watts @ 1 ohm at 12.8 volts. Still tuning it in because I blew a pair of tweeters up.

the bass is ridiculous.

How is the Bug holding up?
Is all that peel and seal in there making a difference?
Hopefully it don't start to stink too bad once the weather warms up man... 🍿

Those Taramps HD 3K can get it done for sure, just set your filters and levels correctly. This is a vid of another HD 3k amp on better electrical shared with me after he built the design I supplied.

How is the Bug holding up?
Is all that peel and seal in there making a difference?
Hopefully it don't start to stink too bad once the weather warms up man... 🍿

Those Taramps HD 3K can get it done for sure, just set your filters and levels correctly. This is a vid of another HD 3k amp on better electrical shared with me after he built the design I supplied.

View attachment 19104

I got the MD series one ohm version. Everything rated at 12.8v. My electrical stays at a consistent 13.0-13.8.

I had my Taramps MD3000.1 hooked up today. It is running a American Bass HD15D2. I promise you that the gain is only 1/4 to 1/3 turned up and the bass is ridiculous. I only have a 95 amp alternator and two H6 AGM batteries and big three. My voltage stays consistently netween 13.0 and 13.7 while driving. This amp is very impressive. Rated at 3,000 watts @ 1 ohm at 12.8 volts. Still tuning it in because I blew a pair of tweeters up.

just play music and look at the red clipping indicator.

The DSP is being bypassed right now. So, it can't be that.
did you actually measure the impedance of your midbass to see if its actually 4 ohms? Well we will know tomorrow when you swap the speaker wiring to see if its actually the amp or the speaker itself thats not impressing you. I did say that american bass driver's specs ****** but you still got em haha.

did you actually measure the impedance of your midbass to see if its actually 4 ohms? Well we will know tomorrow when you swap the speaker wiring to see if its actually the amp or the speaker itself thats not impressing you. I did say that american bass driver's specs ****** but you still got em haha.

I had to make some decisions on my own. I have the VFL 8's in my truck. So, I figured the VFL 6.5 would be alright. How do I check the ohms on the speaker? Do I just put the multimeter on 200k ohms and then put the red to positive and black to negative?

my buddy just did 147db today on taramps md 3k with stock everything even hu,, no big 3 or even 2nd batt (has one ain't got it back in yet) he just got traded FI TEAM 18 and box so big he'll have to move wires for batt..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.