Mazda b2600, Pioneer Champion Pros, @33hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Vehicle : Mazda B2600i

Location in the vehicle: Extra Cab (Seats have been taken out, and so have all the panels/ with second skin.

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 18" x 54" x 39"

Subwoofer make and model: Pioneer Champion Pro (3500w max, 1000w rms)

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 4

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Taking suggestions!

What type of music do you like?: Hip-hop, rap, metal, etc.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Both, I want it to be loud. I want to feel it, I want to (possibly) do hair tricks? simply put... I should be able to go loud with 4 12's, and that's what I want.

Tuning Freq (Hz): Low to mid 30's, I like my low bass notes (bass I love you type notes) but, like I said I listen to a lot of diff. genres.

Volume : I think manufacturer recommends 0.50 ~ 1.0 Cubic Feet per sub, so I'm guessing it should be bigger? See how much we can squeeze out of the cab.

Questions:

Well, who are the good box designers? What can I achieve with 4 12's? Wall, below back window? etc.? How hard is it to go walled? as far as sealing it, building it in or out of the truck? etc.?

I got this truck as a project, this weekend I removed everything, back seats/panels, carpet, etc. I laid down sound deadener throughout the truck including the floors, got new carpet, new dash, etc. Blacked out the lights, dash, carpet, ran all my 0g to the back under the carpet, ready to put the battery bank and amps in but don't have the box. Making quick progress though! I'll start a build log as soon as I figure it all out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I measured 18" from the back of the seat with plenty of room behind the seat and where the box would end (about 6 in) with 54" wide and 39" high.

These are the measurements needed, right?

I gave a few inches on each side just in case and figured I could use some type of foam or filler if I want it to be completely sealed off.

My brother runs them ported in a small box with 3 in port. I don't know the exact specs of the box right off hand but i was impressed at how good they sounded. Building the right box was a trial and error thing for him. None of our box builder programs worked with this sub. I think it has something to do with this subs extreme differences with other subs. Their is no spider. Instead if you look close under the cone it actually has two cones back to back with a sealed air space between them. Very strange. Each of the cones has its own surround. I've heard them in the recommended sealed box and his ported box and in my opinion his ported box sounded sweat for the price you can buy them at if you can get them set up right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.