Matching speaker sensitivity

Participant count
  • Participant list

bilboaudio

CarAudio.com Recruit
Right so I replaced my 6.5 factory door speakers as the small amp I added was too powerful for them but now my factory 3.5 dash speakers which are on the same channel as the doors sound a bit too loud compared to the doors , will replacing them with speakers the same sensitivity or lower than the 6.5's (88)dB resolve this?

Probably your best option since they’re on the same amp channel. It will take more power to move aftermarket speakers compared to factory so that’s likely why you factory 3.5’s are currently Louder. If they were on separate channels you could adjust amp gains by 1/2 and 3/4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.