Manufacturer vs. WinISD recommended box size

Participant count
  • Participant list

Simon96Taco

Canada
Last question - when deciding to go ahead an build the box, should I go with the recommended sizes that WinISD gives me, or should I go with the manufacturer's (Pioneer) recommendations? They are quite different.

For example:

The Pioneer spec page for this sub recommends 0.9ft^3 with a 3x13 port

WinISD Pro recommends 2.2ft^3 with a 4x20 port.

For sealed, Pioneer recommends 0.8ft^3

WinISD Pro recommends 1.07ft^3

Why are they SO different? especially the ported enclosure.

I would go with the manufac's specs...they are the right ones;) I dont know why they are so different, maybe it is because they based it on the average size box people use for the particular driver, but I doubt it....

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.