LOW bass amps.

high pass on 10hz and low pass on 80hz. I asked in the other thread where is the level knob set to, the one on the far left?

What is your sub level control on the deck set to? Set to +8 to give you some wiggle room.

Maybe the level/gain needs to be set higher on the taramps.
The deck is some clarion stock head unit in my 2016 Subaru wrx. Afaik - there isn't a sub level control. And I have the gain nearly maxed out lol

You have a lack of control problem with your amplifier and the LOC. With the infinity amplifier you were most likely dropping your high pass filter lower and cutting off more of your ‘high bass’ (55-75hz) and increasing the gain. With the 80hz cut off on the Taramps, you are seeing clipping in the upper bass and setting the gain by that.
Do you think a lc2i would suffice in my situation? I really want to retain stock HU, but If i absolutely must, I'll get a new head unit. And on the infinity amp i actually had the high pass higher around 90hz. It almost makes me think there's something wrong with the taramps

Do you think a lc2i would suffice in my situation? I really want to retain stock HU, but If i absolutely must, I'll get a new head unit. And on the infinity amp i actually had the high pass higher around 90hz. It almost makes me think there's something wrong with the taramps
Lc2i does the exact same thing, amplifly a junk signal with the bass completely cut off. You can try it but make sure you are able to return it if it doesnt work.

You're gonna frustrate yourself trying to figure out this issue rather than buying an aftermarket HU....and don't have to deal with this problem or LOC. If it was me, that's what I would do.

You're gonna frustrate yourself trying to figure out this issue rather than buying an aftermarket HU....and don't have to deal with this problem or LOC. If it was me, that's what I would do.

You can get an aftermarket Kenwood HD receiver with 5v pre-outs and bluetooth for $100 or less. What is stopping you from doing that?

The alternative to a new headunit is existing signal de-equalization. An lc7i with signal summing might do that but for $120 spend a little extra and get new headunit. A single din is plenty but a proper double would look awesome in your vehicle and provide a strong signal with optimal sub tuning capabilities. It will probably make the output with that old kappa 1000 better than it was before.

I'm going to hook this lc2i up later. As long as I get low bass response back I'll be satisfied. If not, I'll just get the new HU. They're so expensive and the local shop said 400 just to install...

Are you basically saying new HU? Lol
that or something that repairs and recreates the whole full sound spectrum like a jl fix 82/86. Audiocontrol's accubass is marketing bullcrap, its a just a bass boost that amplifies the weak dirty signal that was there. Personally fixed too many installs where all the audiocontrol products were pretty much useless. However there are some people that just settle for the mediocre results they get with the audio control unit.

Another solution is to bypass the head unit completely and not use it for audio, leave it stock and just play music bluetooth straight to a dayton audio dsp and bluetooth dongle. Your head unit can be stock and all your audio features are controlled via bluetooth on your phone. This would be 180$ and the absolute cheapest way to keep the stock look and give you 8 amplification channels and a very clean high quality signal and Amazing ridiculous sound quality controls.

You can use like your rear speakers for audio connected to the stock head unit still if you need to take a call or gps navication or something. What you'll want to focus on is the front stage and the sub stage.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.