LOW bass amps.

What are some good amplifiers for LOW bass? I like bass 35hz and below. I had a. Infinity k1000 on my vxf 12 and the low notes are better than my taramps 1800 even though it was underpowered.

I can't imagine it's the amp. It's got to be the box, HU settings, or the amp settings. I've never heard of amps being called low bass amps. If that were the case, then there would also be good high bass amps and good all-around bass amps. But, I could be wrong.

I understand that. But I tried it side by side with the infinity k1000 and the infinity has louder low notes. For example eminem killshot song

Okay so its playing low just not as loud as you want at that frequency.
Pretty sure that song is 29-30hz on the lowest note. For a 1500 watt rms subwoofer I would have went with the MD3k.

But are you clipping while trying to play that low note?
What voltage preouts on the headunit?
Pretty sure the bass boost frequency is 50hz so that wouldn't be worth testing.

I personally would send it back and get the MD3k.

I can't imagine it's the amp. It's got to be the box, HU settings, or the amp settings. I've never heard of amps being called low bass amps. If that were the case, then there would also be good high bass amps and good all-around bass amps. But, I could be wrong.

Thanks for a non condescending/smartas*ed reply. It's not the box because all i did was swap amps. Head unit is factory I'm using a line out converter, and the amp I have subsonic set to 10 hz and the low pass set to 80 hz.

Okay so its playing low just not as loud as you want at that frequency.
Pretty sure that song is 29-30hz on the lowest note. For a 1500 watt rms subwoofer I would have went with the MD3k.

But are you clipping while trying to play that low note?
What voltage preouts on the headunit?
Pretty sure the bass boost frequency is 50hz so that wouldn't be worth testing.

I personally would send it back and get the MD3k.
I don't get clipping on the low notes, but individual knocks and higher bass notes clip. It's basically the opposite of what I want. I want the low notes to be loud and the higher to be quieter. It just don't make sense why the bass changes from simply swapping the amp.

I don't get clipping on the low notes, but individual knocks and higher bass notes clip. It's basically the opposite of what I want. I want the low notes to be loud and the higher to be quieter. It just don't make sense why the bass changes from simply swapping the amp.

It's a full range amp with a -12db slope. That slope, box rise, and voltage drop really limit the power at 30hz. Why I'm saying you should return it for an MD3k.

Or turn the gain up and EQ down the higher frequencies but since you have a LOC you are SOL with that idea.

It's a full range amp with a -12db slope. That slope, box rise, and voltage drop really limit the power at 30hz. Why I'm saying you should return it for an MD3k.

Or turn the gain up and EQ down the higher frequencies but since you have a LOC you are SOL with that idea.
Does that mean the settings on the amp don't work with a loc?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.