loudest 8 inch subs

88k5blazer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
My friend only has room for a pair of 8's to fit in his 03 ram. It has the infinity sound system that came stock and **** its sounds good for stock. All it is lacking is deep bass. Problem is he only has room for 8's. :blow_up: I just wanted to know what the loudest/deepest 8's for around 150 200 a pair. I have heard great things about re 8's but i have also heard that the L7 8's are nice too but i dunno how much they cost or how much power they need to run. So which would be a better choice the L7 8's or the re 8's. Also if there are any 8's out there that u think will be louder/deeper please tell me and how much they cost. Thanx alot

I second the 8W7........but.........it's a proven fact that some guys took ONE 8 Inch either L5 or L7 and put it in a tiny ported box and it hit I THINK somewhere between 135-145 DBs. It was on Kicker website but I read this like 5 months ago. So I'd say thats pretty **** good for an 8.

The highest DB's come in the frequency range of 40-45 Hz because the cone is moving back and forth the fastest at those frequencies. That's why most manufacturers make bass boost that center between those frequencies.......except for maybe audiobahn **** which places their boost at 50hz to be unique BAH HAHAHA i laugh in their faces.

My vote is for 2 RE8s. Shakes everything in a Super Crew truck. Which means it should sound real good in a smaller one. Best part is 2 can be had for $95 shipped and the mounting depth is only 4''. RMS is 175 watts and with 12mm xmax they move some serious air. There are better 8s out there, but for the price they can't be beat. :thumbsup

Ok guys sry for not specifiying the dilema i have with no room in his truck. Its an 03 Ram quad cab. There is no room under the seats because they are right on the floor BUT there are little slots under the seat. There are 2 slots and i measured today. The slots are 6 inches from top to bottom. 7 inches wide and 7 inches deep. So what i need is the loudest 8 inch sub that has a mounting dept of 6 inches or less and can be put in a sealed box with around.5 or .6 feet cubed. Also he is looking to spend no more than 200 for each and about 150 for an amp. L7's i looked up today and will be too expensive to buy and to power. Where can i find the ed8's for cheap? Also which would get louder with a little over 300 watts rms(probably will buy jbl 300.1 less there is better for around 140..) The L5, ed8, or the re8? Thanx alot for all the replies. Hope u guys can understand this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.