loudest 4 inch mids you've ever used?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
feeling like moving my midranges to the A pillar, I had a shard of metal fly in and got stuck in the coil gap of one of my prv 6.5s... things are all fked up., none of my spare 6.5s in my reserve pile even come close to 1/4 the output of the prvs(namely image dynamc ctx, rockford t2, soundqubed pros). Need something to fill in the shoes of these prvs, it'll be closer to my ear so hopefully the decrease in size doesnt hurt output too much. I did like my prvs when I put them up in the A pillar but 6.5s in the A pillar are not practical at all, hopefully it works out with 4-5"

If all else fails i'll do 5.25 prvs or B&C mids.

feeling like moving my midranges to the A pillar, I had a shard of metal fly in and got stuck in the coil gap of one of my prv 6.5s... things are all fked up., none of my spare 6.5s in my reserve pile even come close to 1/4 the output of the prvs(namely image dynamc ctx, rockford t2, soundqubed pros). Need something to fill in the shoes of these prvs, it'll be closer to my ear so hopefully the decrease in size doesnt hurt output too much. I did like my prvs when I put them up in the A pillar but 6.5s in the A pillar are not practical at all, hopefully it works out with 4-5"Do it !

I could fit the 5 s up there and I think you have a lot more room to work with. I still haven’t got the prv 6.5s and swapped out the cdts in the kicks yet. But I am soon I just been busy with life. But I do like the dsr1 for me it’s an pretty good fit and easy enough to figure out. Wouldn’t say I have mastered it but am working on it lol

how many do you have left over that are good? considering swapping out the nendo 6.5's for 4 of these active but in your review you said you really need a lot of power to them and id be doing 150w each unless i tried something else

how many do you have left over that are good? considering swapping out the nendo 6.5's for 4 of these active but in your review you said you really need a lot of power to them and id be doing 150w each unless i tried something else
I only have 1 left over thats good. I wouldn't swap, they are pretty close to each other, the endos dont need as much power, the prvs are just slightly louder with a lot of power and has better full range capabilities(in the higher treble end) but both are still great drivers.

This one has pretty decent sensitivity so it's gonna get pretty loud. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5mdn38-5-professional-neodymium-midrange-speaker-8-ohm--294-5900
If you wanna get slick and go for good imaging you could try this point source approach. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5fcx44-5-professional-coaxial-speaker-70-x-70-8-ohm--294-5760
its between the prvs and that B&C neo. But that faital pro K5 james linked looks good too. Looks like there's no 4 inchers. Gonna be a 5 incher.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.